Occasional green poop

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
My LO has 2 or 3 green poops a day, usually in the evening or at night. By morning they're back to orange/yellow. Is it normal for her poop to change colour throughout the day like this. I'm exclusively BF and have already cut out dairy as it brings LO out in a rash. I don't think its a problem of hindmilk/foremilk imbalance as I usually feed LO 2 or 3 times from one breast before changing sides. Is there anything else that could be causing green poop?

The greeen poop means that your LO isn't getting the fatty hind milk and more of the foremilk.

Green poo isn't necessarily a cause for concern unless accompanied by other signs of being unwell. If its green and frothy it could be an imbalance, otherwise it's completely normal at this age my doc said :) and can be a sign of digestive system maturing. J started having green poos around the same age - usually just at night too, then he started to not poo after every night feed which is brilliant cos he goes back down sooo much more easily without being changed :) he still has the odd greenish poo but if your LO is otherwise ok I wouldn't worry.

Green poo isn't necessarily a cause for concern unless accompanied by other signs of being unwell. If its green and frothy it could be an imbalance, otherwise it's completely normal at this age my doc said :) and can be a sign of digestive system maturing. J started having green poos around the same age - usually just at night too, then he started to not poo after every night feed which is brilliant cos he goes back down sooo much more easily without being changed :) he still has the odd greenish poo but if your LO is otherwise ok I wouldn't worry.

Its not frothy and shes otherwise healthy. The past 2 nights she hasn't pooped during the night either so I suppose her digestive system is maturing. Thanks for the reassurance.

Its not frothy and shes otherwise healthy. The past 2 nights she hasn't pooped during the night either so I suppose her digestive system is maturing. Thanks for the reassurance.

Bingo! Sounds v similar. The morning poo is a sight to behold though... :haha:

lol

I usually get DH to deal with the morning poo while I have another few minutes sleep :sleep:

lol

I usually get DH to deal with the morning poo while I have another few minutes sleep :sleep:

Me too :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->