**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Good morning/afternoon ladies!
BB - I think your belly is adorable! Same with you Phillippa!

I, on the other hand, am HUGE! I will post a pic later when Im home, but I feel like I look about 30 weeks pregnant already! :wacko: Obviously I dont, but I feel it! I showed really early and fast with my first daughter so I'm not surprised... but I feel even BIGGER this time than last time! :dohh: Im a little scared to see me at 40 weeks!

So how is everyone otherwise today? Its Thursday! Which means it's ALMOST Friday! :D

xx

Thanks Kate, im in pain i slept really funny and my shoulder and neck are killing i cant move my neck sideways easily or up or down, so its very annoying. And cant use muscle rub or anything. Gonna get H2B to give it a little rub just with some oil in a bit and maybe ahve a bath to help it.

thank you 4 updating my stork-looks like theres alot to be said for mothers intuition, everyone thought i was wrong. look how many of us got it right!!!

I hate my job:cry:
They are unreal!! Apparently pregnancy isn't an illness so I shouldn't expect to be treated different to any other member of staff. I'm bloody knackered and they have me up and down 3 floors.
I snapped at 2 girls today and then they grassed, it's like being at bloody school!
I got taken into the office and basically got told my work was slipping and that I needed to remember my place in the pecking order. I was determined not to get upset and managed to get home before bursting into tears, I'm a sobbing mess. Bring on Maternity Leave! I wish I didn't have to go back :(

Phillippa... Ugh, that sucks that you're sore. :( But definitely get OH to give you a rub! ;) Im sure that will make you feel better!

BB - Im sorry to hear you had such a crappy day! My work is great for pregnant women, and they are really accomodating. I have to go up and down stairs frequently too but its true, pregnancy isn't an illness or disability. It's hard work, YES but it's a natural thing.
I know how you feel though, about not wanting to go back. I HAVE to come back here too. Financially, I just can't stay home once my mat leave finishes. But I SOOO wish I could. And I dont even mind my job. But I've started considering applying to a few other places (i.e. hospital) when my mat leave gets near the end, just to explore my options before I come back here again. I dunno... :shrug:... we'll see!
I hope your day gets better anyway. :hugs:

And mummygiraffe... I wasn't right. :( I was totally WRONG! :rofl:
I was sure this baby was a boy, and nope... :nope:... she's a GIRL! :pink:
But I couldnt be happier!!! :yipee:

I know it's a natural thing MommyKC but surely some exceptions should be made? I'm knackered! After a day like today I feel like my legs are going to drop off, I have swollen ankles, I keep getting pains across my lower part of my stomach and just generally just feel crappy!

I used to love my job but I hate it now :(

^ Oh no, BB I wasn't implying that there shouldn't be exceptions! Dont get me wrong at all! :nope: I was just saying thats how everyone see's pregnancy. And I agree that it's a natural thing that our bodies are made to go through, but it's also a time where we are supposed to be pampered a little! ;)
Your work should not expect you to be lifting anything heavy, climbing stairs, after stairs, etc. Mine doesnt. In fact, if I even try to lift anything that ISN'T even heavy, they stop me! :haha:

Yeah... I like my job... but I'm getting tired of the business atmosphere of it. It's too client-based. I want to go work at the hospital, as that's where I wanted to work when I went to college. THAT was my goal. So it's been fun here, and I've gained great experience... but I might think of moving on soon, to a job I enjoy more. But the hard part is, here I have great hours, great benefits... and I love the people here. So it'll be a tough decision when the time comes. :wacko:

What work do you do?

I just don't know what to do other than cry:cry: They don't listen so why bother?

Awww.... :hugs:

Im an Ocupational Health Coordinator... I basically supervise about 6 people. We provide medical testing services (physicals, x-ray, hearing tests, etc) for employers, to determine if their applicants are safe for work. This is paid by companies. All these companies are our clients. We arrange services all over Canada and the United States, as third party administrator but we also perform services directly in our offices too (Ontario and Alberta).

You're a nurse right? Noone will listen to you??? :(

Dental Nurse :)
Nope they won't listen, when we where in the office I said that I had worked my arse off today and she basically (but not in these words) said that I should keep my mouth shut, not try and stick up for myself and take the shit!
I think leaving afterwards would be a bad idea but also a good one.
I'm supposed to be on cloud 9 at the moment, I get married soon and have a baby on the way yet I'm miserable and it's all down to my job! Work shouldn't make me sad :(

Wow, I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut if someone even IMPLIED that to me! :growlmad:
So you did leave after the discussion?
Ugh - some people, I just dont get it! I would have flew off the handle I think! :wacko:

And no, you should NOT be miserable at all! :nope: Hmmm... well, just try to focus on the positive aspects of everything. I know its hard, but try to forget about work... and just look forward to the year off you're going to have! That's what keeps me going.

After she said "Have a good weekend" I left!

Yep I think I am going to have to concentrate on the positives otherwise I'm going to be totally miserable!

H2B just rang and after sobbing down the phone I've been ordered to go for a bath and that he will make tea when he gets in :)

Little Beany Boy must know I'm upset, his kicks always cheer me up :mrgreen:

OMG how stressful is organising a Hen Party!!!?

Well I dont blame you for leaving!!!
And you do need to focus on the positives! For your sake, and your baby boy. Everything will work out in the end! :thumbup:

And how sweet of your OH! Aww... bless him! I wish I could go home and have a bath and tea. Im at work for another 4 hours! :cry:

Are Hen Party's the same as a Stagette? Like you go out with the girls before you get married? I never really had one of those. I had all my bridesmaids/maid of honour get together the night before my wedding, and we got a hotel room... ordered in supper, talked... but that was it. Nothing too exciting really. We did have a Buck and Doe though, they're called. Where it's for the H2B and W2B... a big party, to raise money for the wedding. THAT was alot of fun! :D

Yeh I guess it's a stagette!

The place we wanted to go has no seats left only standing tickets, my Mum has been before and she said it's not safe for me to be standing all night as I will get pushed and shoved.

We have found this place which looks brill -https://www.birdcagelive.com/manchester/birdcage_hen-nights.html

Only problem I have found is that it's over 21's only and one of the girls is only 19. I've emailed them seeing if they would make an exemption if she brought her ID to prove she is over 18 which is the UK legal drinking age!

Wow that place looks really neat!!! :thumbup:

Hopefully they'll make an exception for you. What a neat idea! I wish I would have had a more exciting Stagette night but then again, our Buck and Doe definitely made up for it! There were TONNES of people there. We rented out a hall, had drinks, food, music, raffles... it was a blast!

Aww kate im sure your Hubby will come round soon enough :hugs: and enjoy being 20 weeks tomorrow
Laura hope you get the pain sorted out soon :hug:
Sorry its so hard to catch up with everything that is happening so is if missed anything please let me know, so i dont look like an idiot like i did when i didnt know about em and FOB
And im 23 weeks today only 1 til Chloe viable :happydance: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: sorry but i really cant wait to for her to viable (and does anyone know why one of my tickers says Chloe is viable now)

I'm so behind! but lmao :rofl: you didn't look like an idiot! i didn't make it very public tbh. I've missed so much.. xxx

Hi, I'm new round here and was hoping I could join :)

I'm 19 weeks and due October 31st, 20 week scan tomorrow so will hopefully be able to tell sex :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->