Odd! Anyone else had this???

Miss Boo

Reaction score
The Bean gave us a little scare over the weekend but everything is fine and as it should be.

However, when I was being scanned at the hospital earlier, the lady (who scanned me at my initial 12 week scan) said that I was measuring 15 weeks as opposed to the 14 weeks we thought going by the measurements she read at the 12 week. She said there was no need to alter the Due Date but that we could expect Bean a week earlier than initially thought. She said, it could just be that baby is just gonna be big!

I was 6lb7 and hubby was 4lb10 - However, my grandpa's claim to fame is that he was a stone!!! As a lass who's 5'2 on her tiptoes, I'm a little concerned :haha:

Anyone else had their dates change unexpectedly?!?!

Personally no but my sister was put forward by 10 days! My niece was just a bit bigger than expected at that point though and it levelled out towards the end X Don't worry about it sunshine :)

Don't worry too much 1 week isn't hear or there but when mw keeps measuring your tummy is she thinks it's more than 2 or 3 weeks Esther way she will/might send you for growth scan

They changed mine Thursday. They said my baby is measuring a week and 2 days big. That was crown to rump! And you wouldn't believe this baby's legs!! I think it is taking after my brothers, who are all over 6 feet. I am only 5'1 and my OH is of average height. The girl doing the ultrasound just stared and asked if the father was tall. She actually did measurements of the femur. :shrug:

Her dates didn't match mine at all, but okay. Baby will come when ready anyway.

You can ovulate at anytime during your cycle, apparently. It's just not the common, middle of the cycle, day.

I was put a week forward at 13wk scan, mainly based on head circumference, however my dh has a rather big head!!! I'm pretty certain of my dates so waiting with interest for 20wk scan.

Awwwww :D Hope its not "TOO" big haha!! :D

At least you know baby is growing! :D

I was put back 7 days at an early scan, then put forward 8 days at my latest scan!!

Nice feeling to know you will see baby sooner :) xx

Thanks ladies!

Yeah, don't I know that about ovulating at any time - If we hadn't been using ov tests I can't even begin to imagine how long it would have taken. The 1st day of my last period came 5 weeks before a positive ov test!!!

The reason I was so surprised was the fact that it was the same woman who told us without a doubt we were 11wks and 6 days at 12 week scan and then said oh no you're 15 weeks not 14 earlier.

I think long legs is something Bean will never be blessed with - I'm 5"1 and hubby is 5"6 - the poor thing can kiss away its modelling / basketball career now :D

I was put a week forward at 13wk scan, mainly based on head circumference, however my dh has a rather big head!!! I'm pretty certain of my dates so waiting with interest for 20wk scan.

Ha Ha!!! My hubby's Dad (affectionately known to some as Big Head) has a MASSIVE head - so much so, the tailors struggled to get a top hat to fit him at our wedding. I might tell Grandad his genes could be to blame ;)

I think long legs is something Bean will never be blessed with - I'm 5"1 and hubby is 5"6 - the poor thing can kiss away its modelling / basketball career now :D

Lo lI am the tallest in my family and I am only 5 foot 6. My dad is 5 foot 5 and a half, my mam is 5 foot 3 and my sister is 5 foot 2 lol woe betide my little boo if they get my genes ha ha x

Lo lI am the tallest in my family and I am only 5 foot 6. My dad is 5 foot 5 and a half, my mam is 5 foot 3 and my sister is 5 foot 2 lol woe betide my little boo if they get my genes ha ha x

5"6 seems giant to me - at least it makes hubby feel manly :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->