Odd symptom... anyone else?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by NuttyJester, Apr 27, 2009.

1. NuttyJester

NuttyJester Brand new little boy! :o)

Hi,

Just want to know I'm not alone (hopefully I am, wouldn't wish this on anyone, but still!)

Since the day I was 12 weeks I've been wretching, or gagging, if I've not eaten/drunk anything in the last 20 minutes. Also at any smells... and I mean any, other than cleaning products (household and toiletries)... I think it's mostly this that's keeping me from eating anything other than Doritos and Wispas!

I've only actually vomited once, the night I hit 12 weeks (cry?! Did I! I'd been waiting for that miracle of the 12 week mark since I was 5 weeks!) but it's sooooo unpleasant, especially if I've not been able to eat/drink enough at work (I teach littlies.)

Have looked online and kept reading here, but have so far not seen anyone else mention it.

Any advice? Thanks!

2. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

Haven't had it hon but :hugs: I have heard of other women getting it, I retch when I cough, nice!

3. Chaos

Chaos Mum to one =)

My sisters Mum had this the entire 40 weeks of pregnancy. Anything would set her off, a smell, a sight. All part of the total fun that is mornin' sickness :)

Its at times like this I'm glad I don't have a sense of smell lol.

Dunno how to fix it, but hope it subsides soon :)

4. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

I only get it from Toe nails..(odd I know) I do not know why but I gag sooooooo bad when I see them or..hear someone clipping them..ah.

5. missjacey44

missjacey44 Jacey & Baby Tye

I had this when i was pregnant. Its horrible i know. I couldnt shop at asda because the sight of the green asda sign made me heave and nearly throw up, Very strange!!!

6. ClaraCluck

ClaraCluck Mummy

I'm 25 weeks now and still feel sick every morning (least I'm not throwing up any more!) This has been teamed with gagging at loads of things, including things I have seen and heard on tv as well as a particular song by Beyonce!

7. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

I get it still :(
    I cant stand my perfume collection (which I lovd so much b4 I got preggie)...so bad that I pu them away in a box...I cant even look at them...
    I gag with food too but never with the same one...I may loove mash potatoes today and gag if I look at it tomorrow.
    Plus I stil get it if I'm extremely hungry...
    My MS is almost not existant and I hope this goes away soon as well.

8. MelW

MelW mommy to Isabelle:)

I'm 19 weeks and still gag ALOT.... for any smell....

9. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

I gag by many of her songs...even when I'm not pregnant lmao no offense to her fans..sorry I'm more of a Rock Chick.

10. Siyren

Siyren Guest

i had this from bout 7 weeks til bout 11 weeks.
    but thankfully its basically disappeard, a few random things still set it off though, sorry to say and that bit doesnt seem to be improving

11. NuttyJester

NuttyJester Brand new little boy! :o)

Thanks girls, I'm somewhat comforted though sorry for those who suffer too!

So yes, I can't go shopping, as all the supermarkets round here have chickens roasting, poor OH!

Also, my food options have become so few because, like PrettyBonk, whatever I've eaten the day before, I can't have again... and it's been weeks now!

:hugs: