Odds of a miscarriage after a live birth

christina3735

Mother of 1
Reaction score
I just found out I'm pregnant, about 4 weeks. I have a 9 month old son but before him I had a miscarriage. Just wondering if anyone knows the stats of having a miscarriage this go around.

Once you have a live birth your odds reset, just like you never had one in the first place. Congrats!

I think mammag is right. I had 2 before, live birth, 2 after, 18 weeks now.

I think there's not much that live births have to do with your odds of miscarriage, it is all connected to the viability of the fetus, and if the sperm or the egg isn't ideal, the body rejects it. That being said, my grandmother was pregnant 10+ times and had two live births (unfortunately one of her children passed in an unrelated car accident.) while my mother was pregnant 6 times and had 5 live births.

Some women can carry children and others just have a harder time, there's no rhyme or reason to the miscarriages unless you have a diagnosed fertility issue.

I think if you had one miscarriage and one live birth then you don't have a history of mc or any issues that mean you have trouble carrying a baby to term which is a definite positive! I had a mmc aftet two live births earlier this year but the nurse told me it just meant there was something wrong with the fetus that meant it could never have survived and developed properly. Weird as it sounds, that explanation actually gave me some comfort. Miscarriage is a scary thing but remember MOST pregnancies don't end in mc, there is a much bigger chance of a healthy pregnancy Xx

I agree with the others, it's the actual embryo at conception and it's viability why miscarriages happen. Sometimes the embryo has a chromosome defect or the organs do not develop properly.
I had two healthy babies & a miscarriage in March this year.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and here's to a happy & healthy 9 months :) xx

Yes I think your odds are the same as anyone else's, but techincally the odds of MC increase with maternal age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->