Odds of home doppler working at 10-11 weeks?

mayacat

Reaction score
So my NT scan isn't until Jan when I will be 13w2d. I was hoping to get it done before Christmas, but they don't book scans for about 3 weeks (sucks to be anyone due a week before me...no reliable NT for you!) around Christmas. I'm desperate to get some reassurance that there's a heartbeat before then. Do you think there's any chance of a home doppler working well enough to find anything at 10-11 weeks?

I guess I'm also worried about it taking so long to find a hb that I'll freak out :(. I hate that the scan is so far away still. The closest (geographically) private clinics that would do extra scans are 2+ hours away.

Unfortunately, it's been different with each of my pregnancies. I've found the heart tones for the first time as early as 8 weeks and as late as 14 weeks along! You can certainly try, but if you'll be nervous about not finding it, then leave it. I know I freak out when I can't find it, so I only try when I'm about to get an ultrasound done or if I just had one done an hour or so before.

I found my second baby's heatbeat on a home doppler at 10 weeks, but I was trying for a long time and only heard it for a short time before it disappeared shortly after finding it. As said above it can be stressful if you can't find it, and I freaked myself out several times in even later weeks when I couldn't find it, but it is lovely when you finally do and I think I'll also try again about 10 weeks this time.

I freaked myself out this time around a bit and couldn't find the heartbeat until the 12th week when it seemed everyone else on here was in 8-10week range. But I got lots of placenta noise. Turns out I have an anterior placenta and my little miss was hiding.

It's always worth a shot trying earlier. I found my other two girls earlier and it was a comfort but I will admit this time around I stressed myself a few times.

I found the heartbeat at 8+3 but it took some time to find it and I watched a lot of videos beforehand on how and where to look. I am 11 weeks now and can consistently find it but some days still take longer than others

I found my baby's HB at 9weeks and 5 days, but it took ages and was very brief. After that, it was hit-and-miss whether I could find it for a couple of weeks. If it will make you worry, I'd wait longer to try xxxxxx

I used an angle care monitor with both. First pregnancy I disn't find it til 15 weeks but I was 16 1/2 stone. My second I found it at 10 weeks but was 12 stone and was my second so think that made a difference. Takes a little time to get the hang of it but worth trying. I love listening to their heartbeats at home. My midwife was not amused at it though xxx

My forst pregnancy i found from 8 weeks every single time,but you need to kniw where and what your looking for.i was going to get one for this pregnancy until i found out its twins,dont think ill even try as ill be scared and wont know which baby im hearing x

I found both my boys around 11 weeks, if took a lot of patience because neither of them were where I thought they'd be!, I'm currently 11+4 with twins and I cant find either of them yet, I have another scan on Wednesday and realised the are so much higher up than I thought so I'm having another go tonight!.

It's very hit and miss so please don't freak out if you don't hear it!, midwives don't check until 16+ weeks for a reason :)

I found mine at 12 weeks, found it after 5 minutes or so of trying! It wasn't the clearest then but not really bad either. I've not had any medical professional trying to hear the HB yet. I was at the maternity assessment centre yesterday and asked but they said it was too early and they don't try unless they are concerned until 20 weeks! I'm in the UK.

I know it's tough waiting until your scan, I had mine at 12+5 which was late enough! But so long as you are having no bleeding or concerning symptoms, chances are everything is OK! You could try early on but don't let it worry you if you can't find it! It doesn't mean anything bad so early on!

I found mine at 9wks, but i think it just depends on a lot of factors like the positioning of the baby and such. Just relax and know that even if you don't find it right away it's not necessarily bad news.

It's possible, but could take a while since you won't know what area to look in like a midwife/OB does. I honestly wouldn't even try this early so that you don't freak yourself out.

I absolutely couldn't find mine until 14 weeks on the dot. The last few days I've found it right away but she's right under my public bone so that's why I think I couldn't hear it before. It was pretty frustrating since I started checking at 9 weeks.

I downloaded an app on my phone which they say you shouldn't try for the heartbeat until the 30 weeks but I read a review who said she found it at 11 weeks. I am 9 weeks and 5 days and I found it the other night with my app but it is short and then it goes away. I told myself that if I can't find it I won't be freaked out because it is hard to find it this early.

I found my sweet baby boy at 11 weeks! I just relaxed and tried and when I didn't find anything I went to soak in the bath and when I got out I tried again and I found it, clear and strong! It was such a lovely moment.

So if you don't find it at first, don't worry, it may take a few tries. Try it with a full bladder. And even a few days can make a difference on if you can hear it or not! I was the first one who heard his heartbeat, before any healthcare practitioner.

I found it around 9w. I say go ahead and do it but do it in the knowledge you may struggle to find it, or only find it for a few seconds, or not find it every time. But it's really nice when you can.

Using my sonoline B doppler I found heartbeat at 7 weeks 2 days, a beautiful 126, heard it everyday for 5 days when i miscarried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->