Of course...

thestarsfall

Reaction score
it is my luck that AF is one day late from my expected time (based on estimated ovulation) and then she comes first thing in the morning on Mother's Day (here in Canada/USA), totally my sort of luck.

Surprisingly I am taking it well, even though I almost cried out of desperation at work yesterday.

I think it is because it came late and that means I didn't ovulate until a day after I thought...which means that we really didn't hit the window. Hubby was busy and stressed and that was uh, causing some issues, so we kinda gave up. This cycle I am not going to tell him that we need to BD...I'm just gonna let him know that it has to be every other day or every day and not stress him out by telling him about a positive OPK.

I think maybe either my "environment" isn't super good for spermies or his spermies don't necessarily last as long as the "sperm can last up to 7 days" or whatever. I used to not use OPKs and just estimate O day but I likely was pretty off. This is my 2nd cycle using OPKs and 1st cycle actually TTCing while using OPKs so I think I just needed to follow instructions better lol. I thought we had caught because we DTD the day before O day, but if my O day was a day later and maybe even like...the evening of the day later then that was almost 3 days because we had DTD early in the morning. Urgh...so frustrating.

sorry for the rant ladies.

Totally understandable! I stopped telling DH when I had a positive which worked until I started getting multiple days with positives lol. I eventually started charting so I knew for sure when I ovulated in addition to opks. This also helped me to time testing better and no longer think af was late (or early!) when I ovulated a day or two off my norm.

Sorry the witch showed in Mother's Day and that isn't a fun day for crappy news. I found out my pregnancy before this one was ectopic on Mother's Day last year and so understand the extra slap in the face ttc disappointment can be on this day :nope: hope your next cycles are kind to you and you get your bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"