Off BCP, 4 months later no period yet, ob/gyn not concerned

bclaytonsc

Reaction score
Hi ladies... looking for some advice here. :wacko:

I came off the pill in May, had my regular withdrawal bleed, and since then have not had a period yet. A week ago I thought my period started as I had some light bleeding but it only lasted for a day, and then nothing.

The past week I have had CRAZY tender breasts, and had the most vivid dreams last night.

I have no idea what my body is doing because I have not had a period in 4 months. I haven't been temping or tracking anything because I was waiting for my period to return. DH and I have been BD'ing like we normally would.. sometimes pulling out, sometimes not, just doing what feels good in the moment. :blush:

Did anyone else take a while to get your period back after coming off BCP? Should I start temping and charting to see what's going on? My ob/gyn sort of dismissed me and said it's very normal for it to take several months for cycles to regulate and to just wait it out.

After stopping Depo, it took me 6 months to start having periods again. I even had an ultrasound because I was worried about it, and all it showed was a thin uterine lining. We also did some hormone tests, and my OB just said that everything was still 'sleepy'. About a month after that, my period started! My advice would be to give it a little more time! It's awful waiting and feeling like something is wrong, but your body is working itself out of the birth control haze.

The slight amount of bleeding you had might have been your period. When I got off the pill I had my withdrawel bleed then it took me about 40 days to get my first period and it was only 2 days of light bleeding. This was odd for me because I always had longer/heavier periods on the pill.

I know it can take a few months to get the pill out of your system so it might just be taking your body a while to get back to normal.

If you are concerned and want to know more about what your body is doing I would suggest temping or using OPKs to see if you are ovulating yet.

Thanks ladies. Looks like it's just a waiting game :)

You can still get pregnant, because you have to ovulate before you you get a period. So, it's possible. Have you taken a hpt just in case?

You can still get pregnant, because you have to ovulate before you you get a period. So, it's possible. Have you taken a hpt just in case?

No, actually I haven't. I'm going to run to the drug store here shortly on my lunch break and get one just to be sure.

Let us know how you get on!

My sister still isn't having regular periods 10 months on and the Dr was very dismissive. She can go between 24-50 days then have a one day period .
Bodies are very cruel to us

I sure will! Thanks for the responses ladies. I bought a 3 pack of FRERs from Walgreens earlier on my lunch break, and I'll test tomorrow morning. I truly don't think I'm pregnant, but the oh-so-tender nipples and bit of nausea when I woke up this morning have me wanting to rule it out.

If not, I'm hoping this is a sign my period is coming soon, or will get back to normal sooner rather than later! My hormones are definitely doing SOMETHING with these symptoms, lol!

Good morning everyone! (or at least those in the US)

Question.. I took an FRER yesterday instead of this morning (ugh.. couldn't wait) and it was a BFN. However, I realized that I drank 1.5L of water yesterday afternoon and my urine was completely clear.

Could that possibly give a false negative? Next time I'm going to only test with FMU, probably over the weekend. The BFN kind of made me sad.

*UPDATE*

Finally started my period for the first time since May this morning (9/22). I believe the symptoms I was having were due to ovulation and/or PMS. Just happy to have my body beginning to get back to normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->