Off down the doctors, yet again...

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
God this is gonna be a standing joke in years to come, lol

For those who've followed my diabolical journey that now, to be quite frank, I can do nothing but laugh at for fear of going sodding mental... I am off to the doctors again this afternoon because Amelie's now wheezing after feeds... yayyy :/ lol fuck sake.

So... to recap, she's on neocate, has been for a week now, think it's a milk protein allergy but nobody's entirely sure.

Anyways she's been still having allergic reactions after feeds of this, some things are improving but others are getting significantly worse.

Her symptoms are as follows:

- Hyper, uncharacteristic behaviour/fussiness
- Plenty of wind (although comes with neocate aparently but had even more before we started this)
- Spitting up with feeds, sometimes contains mucous because of the....
- Snuffles! Only happens after feeds, and sometimes wakes up with it worse as 9 times out of 10 she falls asleep after feeds... obviously histamine making all this worse which sometimes refrains her from being winded as she's just zonked out, the poor moo :(
- Dry scaly eczema looking skin on eyebrows that's now appeared beneath her nose and ears, she also grabs at her ears and seeing as eczema is an 'inside to out' job then that's probably that. She had it on her cheeks but that appears to be clearing up.
- Puffy, watery eyes
- Drowsiness
- Sneezes a lot
- Hives that appear on her face, neck and now started to appear on her body which when she scratches them bleeds.
- Now wheezes after feeds - hence the serious concern to take her down the doctors!! Here's hoping if I write out this list they'll listen...

After her sleep at night times she wakes up and looks perfectly fine - my normal, happy lovely dosile looking baby! But get some food in her day time and she just gets steadily worse. Bowel movements I dread - the worst reactions are when she's passed these but then the improvement shows the next morning so it's kinda like... shit in one hand, wish in the other n see which fills up quicker, y'know?!

But seriously, if I come back with nothing, I will actually kill someone, probably of a professional healthcare standard. Or i'll just ring up NICU and talk to someone who wants to fucking listen. Assholes lol check me getting riled up and i've not even been yet! (After last week's escapade who can blame me?!)

Right, so... advice or... wish me luck!

xxx

I can't believe all the hurdles you're having to jump!!! I really hope the doctors listen to you today....

Good luck!!!!

Hi love, I don't have any advice but I do have lots of hugs I can give you

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

So sorry hun this sounds like a nightmare, second youngest was exactly like this but was ok on comfort milk so am guessing his major problem wasn't milk though he does have problems with milk now so he's on a dairy free diet (he's 3.5).

:hugs:

Maybe karma means that when the rest of us are tearing our hair out when our LOs are teenagers, you'll have the angelic, well-behaved one...

Don't have advice but good luck sounds like you still haven't got to the root of the problem. Good luck!

Bloody hell, poor little thing's still suffering. Is it definitely do to with feeding? Is there any chance she could be allergic to something in her surroundings, pets, or dust or something? Hope the doc visit goes well and she gets sorted soon. x x

Bloody hell, poor little thing's still suffering. Is it definitely do to with feeding? Is there any chance she could be allergic to something in her surroundings, pets, or dust or something? Hope the doc visit goes well and she gets sorted soon. x x

I went to the docs when she was 3 weeks when she had the snuffles and the doc said most allergens didn't affect baby til 8 weeks as they have a passive immune system til then, hence why they have jabs then i assume :/ But yeah defo happens after feeding... hard to eliminate things when she's on neocate with silicone teats!

The doctor's pretty baffled, I think we gave him something to think about for the rest of the afternoon he seemed pretty interested and loved the fact I took a pic of her on my mobile at her worst, it helped him get a bigger picture of what she looked like when the reaction takes place.

He basically said to carry on as we are... he did ask how we clean the bottles but i said they get washed then sterilised with water, so that was ruled out.

She has been a little better today, her eyes don't swell *as* much, quite nice to see her little eye lids remotely normal again.. til feeding time then it all goes pear shaped again :/

Sooo still none the wiser but I feel a whole lot more comfortable with talking to the doctors about it now.. especially as he was the first doc to kinda fob me off so if anything i came back with a sense of relief just from that.

xxx

I hope you find what's wrong with your LO, i don't know if you have seen this thread you might have even posted in it but i posted in their the other day to ask the girls if they thought my baby had as cows milk protein allergy and they gave me some brilliant answers. If you haven't done so already maybe you could post this thread in there aswell see what they say? https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/544129-living-kids-allergies-group.html many of the girls on there are going through what you seem to be x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->