Off To The Hospital *UPDATED*

I hope all went well hun x

I hope everything went well hun! :hug: x

Oh hun, hope evrything is ok for you. Stay strong! x x x :hug:

Thanks girls, well i saw 2 consultants, thought they were cardiologists but apparently not. Anyway they have agreed that our little boy is severely tachicardic, but they said on the up side he appears well i.e no hydrops or restricted growth, so they have started me on digoxin 3 times a day in the hope that a certain amount will filter through to him and regualte his heartbeat into a normal pattern and speed.
They are however being cagey about the prognosis, as they simply cannot tell me what me will happen, i was meant to transfer back to Taunton as an inpatient but couldn't bear it so talked to the docs when i got there and they have let me home to take it easy and rest and i have to go for bloods and ecg on Sunday, they were only going to be monitoring me not the baby anyway, but if his movements are not good over the weekend then i will also have a ctg on sunday, and if i feel at all unwell i have to go straight back anyway.
I am back to see the Bristol docs and a fetal cardiologist on Monday and have more bloods, they have warned me it could take up to 10 days to see an improvement in his heart and we may not see one at all in which case we try new meds, and then if no joy he comes out.
They feel at the mo the risk of prematurity is a bigger threat to him than his heart which seems promising, however i have been warned he will more than likely be delivered there not Taunton and if his condition worsens, or he develops hydrops he will be out straight away, but i will not make my due date anyway, there seems to be some debate about how long i will go, but i think the longest they will leave me is 35/36 weeks then i will be c sectioned.
His condition may right itself after birth, or it may not, if not he will have a procedure to burn the excess wiring to his heart which is what is making it race, this may cure his problem or it may not, they are reluctant to commit to what will or could happen.
The other problem is if i react badly to themeds which again could happen then we have to re-evalute so i am a little in limbo at the moment really, and so upset and confused i don't know where i am.
I am seeing my own ob tomorrow in clinic as Taunton want to plan to deliver me there and then re-evaluate if i have to go to Bristol, so hopefully she may be able to offer some advice or support.
Monday will be a long day and have been told i should keep a bag in the car from now on just in case on one of my many routine checks i have to be delivered so i am going to send Serina my number and ask her to update you all if there are any probs.
So i am now facing about 3 or 4 blood tests a weeks and at least to ob appts and possibly a scan or 2 a week to check all well, but in all honesty just so glad they are taking it seriously and trying to help us i just don't care how many times i have to be seen, just so long as they give my littlest man the best care possible. Holding out on steroids at the mo, but if he looks to deteriorate then the steroids are on standby, in a way i wish they would give them just in case but am looking at it like if they don't they must be happy enough he will be a few weeks yet but just have to wait and see.

Thanks so much ladies for all your kind thoughts, it means so much to us all, sorry didn't update as soon as i got in but this is all taking it's toll on my little man so wanted to have some quality time and to get him to bed so he has some sense of normality bless him.
Will update as and when i know anything new xxx

Oh honey i am so sorry your going through this. I really hope the little guy will get the meds he needs to stay in and cook a little longer. I hope you and OH are ok and can keep eachother sane over the next few weeks xxx

Aw hun what a stressful time you are going through.
You take good care of yourselves, thinking of you and praying that you make it to 35/36 weeks.
At least you know you are being well looked after by the professionals xx

Oh babe :hugs::hugs: this must be so stressful (understatement I know). We are all here for you.

I can completely understand why you would want the steroids now as a precaution, but I have read that the effects are a reduced after a few weeks, and that most doctors dont like to give more than one lot.

:hug: Get some rest hun, and take good care of yourself while you wait.

I'm sure everything will work out. MUUUUAH!

Good luck hun – stay strong and tey to get some rest for you and your lil one.

Aww hun, Im so sorry you are going through all this, Im glad they discovered this and are treating you so well now. Im thinking of you and hope and pray your LO stays put and responds to meds, take care honey :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->