Off work as bleeding

BrightLights

Reaction score
Hey Ladies

I am somewhere between 8 and 9 weeks preggo. I started bleeding yesterday morning and went to hospital they kept me in all morning seeing different nurses etc. But couldnt scan me until today so I am waiting for scan at 11.30 to see if everything with baby is ok, fingers crossed. I have had a miscarriage before and this feels totally different so really hoping everything is ok.

My main worry is how work is taking me being off. Im only 8/9 weeks and have already been signed off a week for ms about 3 weeks a go. I rang in work yesterday and they were like 'oh off again your almost part time now' and seem really iffy at me, Im obviously off today too for scan and am still bleeding. The doc at hospital said to me I should be signed off for a while just while Im bleeding regardless of miscarriage or not, which I want to do as its obvs best thing for my baby. But Im scared of how work will deal with it if Im signed off again!!!

Has anyone else been signed off in first 12 weeks and if so were employers ok about it?

xxx

Hey Ladies

I am somewhere between 8 and 9 weeks preggo. I started bleeding yesterday morning and went to hospital they kept me in all morning seeing different nurses etc. But couldnt scan me until today so I am waiting for scan at 11.30 to see if everything with baby is ok, fingers crossed. I have had a miscarriage before and this feels totally different so really hoping everything is ok.

My main worry is how work is taking me being off. Im only 8/9 weeks and have already been signed off a week for ms about 3 weeks a go. I rang in work yesterday and they were like 'oh off again your almost part time now' and seem really iffy at me, Im obviously off today too for scan and am still bleeding. The doc at hospital said to me I should be signed off for a while just while Im bleeding regardless of miscarriage or not, which I want to do as its obvs best thing for my baby. But Im scared of how work will deal with it if Im signed off again!!!

Has anyone else been signed off in first 12 weeks and if so were employers ok about it?

xxx

i don't know where you are from but at alot of places at least where i am from they wont think twice about a person being gone if you get a doctors note.

Sorry to hear about all the stress you are going through! Fingers crossed that everything is ok for you and the baby! :flower:

I was signed off for a week at about 10 weeks with MS, i don't think my employer was best pleased but it did me the world of good and that's the main thing! The last thing you want is to feel forced to go into work and then for you to get really poorley, so don't worry about it!

:baby:

Dont worry about what work say to that, they are just being insensitive. You have a real reason to be off and your doctor/MW will be able to confirm this.

I really hope that your scan goes well. Positive thinking.

Thank you everyone. I just dont need the stress of work being on my case, I work for a large worldwide bank so its not the main company saying it its my boss, pretty sure she doesnt like me since I announced my pregnancy!!

I bled from 6 weeks till 9 weeks and my doctor gave me a standing dr's note that said I will be taking time off from time to time my work was very understanding when I gave the doctors note before that I think they were getting annoyed with me taking time off. I'm now off for the last 2 days because of the stomach flu which is not fun.

They have to give u time off for all antenatal care, and if a dr orders you to be off work they can't argue with it its the law.

I bled from 6 weeks till 9 weeks and my doctor gave me a standing dr's note that said I will be taking time off from time to time my work was very understanding when I gave the doctors note before that I think they were getting annoyed with me taking time off. I'm now off for the last 2 days because of the stomach flu which is not fun.

sorry to hijack and TMI... but Tabitha you said you bled from 6-9 weeks.... I am 6 weeks and was spotting brown, had a scan and all was well 2 days ago, baby and HB all good. Today I had a gush of red blood, and have been sent home from work. The bleeding has stopped now. Am being scanned tomorrow. How was it for you when you bled?

it was always a light pinkish blood it was always on the toilet paper and never in my underwear I started spotting brown at 6 weeks and went for a scan and everything was fine and it just continued until 9 weeks where I had a somewhat heavy bleed and that was the last time I bled I went for a scan a week ago and the baby is doing great very very active

I had been spotting on and off for about 3 days, brown. Had a scan on Monday and all was fine, baby and HB.

Today I have had a gush of blood and then it stopped. Was red. No pain.

Am in for a scan tomorrow.

yeah I never had any pain with mine except when I was 6 weeks thats why they gave me the scan to rule out an ectopic my dr was never really concerned with the bleeding but try and tell a hormonal pregnant woman there is nothing to worry about lol

I wasn't too worried with the spotting... but this gush of red blood has me really scared.... I really can't face losing a sixth baby....

Hi Ladies

I had my scan this morning and baby is fine with heartbeat actually looks baby shaped now and not blob like lol. Hope everything works out for you ladies who are bleeding. The docs said its sooo common in pregnancy but to look after yourself a bit more cos your more likely to be rundown or like me really lightheaded.

Im defo taking a few days off work I think my baby is more important then work is right now.

xxxx

I wasn't too worried with the spotting... but this gush of red blood has me really scared.... I really can't face losing a sixth baby....

So sorry to hear youve had 5 miscarriages previously thats horrible, life is so unfair. This is my 4th pregnancy and the first three were miscarriages. I know its really hard but try to stay positive. I thought the worst with this one when I started bleeding heavily yesterday but this morning I just thought positively until scan. Hope everything goes ok at scan, its so common to bleed in pregnancy according to my doctor. xxxx

That is fantastic news for you Bright... I am so pleased... am not so sure that I will be able to hope to have the same outcome...

Am trying to keep up the PMA, will update you tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->