Offbeat mama's quest for an unassisted birth in the US

parsley

Reaction score
I found this interesting tale from this woman in US trying and hopefully finally finding someone to help with her dream of an unassisted birth become a reality. I am also in late 30s and take heart that if you are healthy and have good support it is possible to arrange.

In Uk the stats of home birth and hospital births are still quite shocking in terms of interventions that you are likely to have when you start off with a hospital birth, even when compared to a hospital birth that starts as a home birth.

https://offbeatmama.com/2010/12/unassisted-birth

I love offbeat mama

just wish they had more UK stuff.

I love offbeat mama

just wish they had more UK stuff.

I know i was addicted to offbeat bride too, and offbeat mama is perfect timing for me. it is great to give an alternative perspective on childbirth and rearing- you don't see it much.

I guess you can submit articles from the uk. just need to think of a good angle. i read a good article about a woman here who got herself a puppy to stop herself worrying in early pregnancy and to get used to the nurturing side of things. nearly prompted me to get one. but luckily i started worrying a bit less instead...

lol me too I looked at offbeat bride alot!

She isn't on a quest for unassisted birth meaning birthing without a mw, nobody needs to go on a quest for that you just do it! she is looking for a mw that will assist her in a homebirth.
birth and labour ethos in the (mainstream) USA is so medicalised, awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->