Officially 8 Weeks on Thursday First OB Appointment

trying2bamom

Reaction score
I will officially 8 weeks.. :happydance: I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I don't know what to expect . I have not been talking to any doctor up until now. I didn't have a primary OB doctor so no one would see me until I was 8 weeks.

So now I am excited. and nervous because this is my first pregnancy, and first OB appointment for my pregnancy. I just went to different OB for yearly check ups, now I will someone I go to permanently. And Maybe I can get some information and be less stressed.

Good luck to you! First appointments are definitely exciting... and a little nerve wracking. I bet it will be awesome, though. :D

I have my first real appointment with my midwife tomorrow at 9 weeks. Someone accidentally made an appointment for me when I was 5 weeks, but it didn't go so well. The midwife was not used to seeing patients that early and she caused a lot of stress questioning the viability of my pregnancy. She put the appointment on hold until she could decide if my pregnancy was worth her time, I guess. One early ultrasound and two blood draws later she decided I was safe to make an appointment. It's been a long three week wait and I am so ready to go and get it over with. LOL.

Good luck to you! First appointments are definitely exciting... and a little nerve wracking. I bet it will be awesome, though. :D

I have my first real appointment with my midwife tomorrow at 9 weeks. Someone accidentally made an appointment for me when I was 5 weeks, but it didn't go so well. The midwife was not used to seeing patients that early and she caused a lot of stress questioning the viability of my pregnancy. She put the appointment on hold until she could decide if my pregnancy was worth her time, I guess. One early ultrasound and two blood draws later she decided I was safe to make an appointment. It's been a long three week wait and I am so ready to go and get it over with. LOL.

I know what you mean. No one would even take an appointment with me until I was 8 weeks. Me and DB had been trying for over 2 years, so I knew the very first day it was able to show nup on hpt. So it's been aloooong wait for me..lol. , It's crazy thought because me and DB had been trying for over 2 years and nothing happened. I think God had something to do with it because as soon as we started talking about getting married going to counseling (because we wanted to do counseling first etc to do it right) all of a sudden I'm pregnant..lol:happydance:

I know what you mean. No one would even take an appointment with me until I was 8 weeks. Me and DB had been trying for over 2 years, so I knew the very first day it was able to show nup on hpt. So it's been aloooong wait for me..lol. , It's crazy thought because me and DB had been trying for over 2 years and nothing happened. I think God had something to do with it because as soon as we started talking about getting married going to counseling (because we wanted to do counseling first etc to do it right) all of a sudden I'm pregnant..lol:happydance:

Oh man. One year of TTC was hard enough-- I couldn't imagine two. I'm so glad you finally got your BFP. :hugs:

Because we'd been trying, I also knew as soon as it was remotely possible. I got my first squinter around 10dpo. I was 4w6d at my first midwife appointment and she said her test was so light that she really doubted the viability (even though my home tests had matching lines just two hours before my appointment). She was just really crappy about seeing me so soon. I guess she didn't know that my PCP had made the appointment, not me. In any case, I'm hoping she has her panties unbunched this morning. I'm really not in the mood to deal with sass these days. :lol:

Hope all goes well with you tomorrow!

Good luck on your appointment. And fingers crossed its a nicer appointment

Congrats! Good luck at the appt!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back