Officially WTT #3 (at least I think...)

Missy08

Reaction score
So DH & I are officially WTT for #3 (at least I'm pretty sure :haha:)....this has been something we've gone back and forth on for a while and it has been a much harder decision than having our first 2 (both girls, currently almost 7 and just turned 2). We've decided we're fairly certain we want to have one more. We've set a tentative date to start TTC in the next year-year and a half. We have a few medical expenses we want to have paid off first (and possibly DH's car) and get some more money put away in savings.

With my first 2 girls, I worked outside the home. However, a couple months ago, I opened an in home daycare. I'm looking forward to being able to stay at home from the start with #3 and also not having to pay for daycare. We currently have a 4 bedroom house but he lower level & 4th bedroom are currently being used for the daycare so 2 kids would have to share a room...

Anyone else WTT #3...what are your thoughts, fears, etc.?

Hi, I'm not actually WTT for number 3, I'm lurking in here because I'm feeling broody :dohh:. Anyway I just had my 3rd 3.5 weeks ago. Like you I went back and forth on whether to have number 3; I really wanted another but was worried about it for several reasons; would it be super hard getting out on my own with 3 children, would it change the family dynamic in a bad way, would my DH resent me for pushing for a 3rd if things were hard? Anyway we decided to go for it and I'm SO glad we did! Its early days but so far our 3rd has just fitted in and I love being a family of 5 :).

same but think we'll be WTT for a few years!
does the broodiness stop once you have more?
I'm worried I'll have another 2 and then still feel broody lol!

:wave: It sounds like we're in a similar position. I have two boys (almost 6, and 4) and we're WTT for number 3 sort-of, maybe! Haha.

We actually already started TTC and got pregnant a couple of years ago but unfortunately miscarried, and made the decision not to try again, but then a couple of months ago I started feeling that I wasn't ready to fully give up on the idea of having more so at the minute we are now WTT until I am settled in my new job (I start after christmas) and until all our debts are paid off (should be within a year in theory!)

It's weird how the decision to have a third feels SO much harder than the decision to have the first two, isn't it?! :wacko:

Hi, I'm not actually WTT for number 3, I'm lurking in here because I'm feeling broody :dohh:. Anyway I just had my 3rd 3.5 weeks ago. Like you I went back and forth on whether to have number 3; I really wanted another but was worried about it for several reasons; would it be super hard getting out on my own with 3 children, would it change the family dynamic in a bad way, would my DH resent me for pushing for a 3rd if things were hard? Anyway we decided to go for it and I'm SO glad we did! Its early days but so far our 3rd has just fitted in and I love being a family of 5 :).

I could have written this post! Every thing you wrote is exactly what I'm worried about...my DH is on the fence about wanting a 3rd but is ok with it, so I'm also worried if things are difficult he'll resent me...such a hard decision! So glad to hear it's going so well for you!! Congrats on your new bundle!

same but think we'll be WTT for a few years!
does the broodiness stop once you have more?
I'm worried I'll have another 2 and then still feel broody lol!

I worry about this too!! What if we do have a 3rd and I still don't feel "done"?!

:wave: It sounds like we're in a similar position. I have two boys (almost 6, and 4) and we're WTT for number 3 sort-of, maybe! Haha.

We actually already started TTC and got pregnant a couple of years ago but unfortunately miscarried, and made the decision not to try again, but then a couple of months ago I started feeling that I wasn't ready to fully give up on the idea of having more so at the minute we are now WTT until I am settled in my new job (I start after christmas) and until all our debts are paid off (should be within a year in theory!)

It's weird how the decision to have a third feels SO much harder than the decision to have the first two, isn't it?! :wacko:

So sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

Exactly!! This first 2 kids were obvious/easy decisions and this one is just plaguing me!! We probably wouldn't start TTC for a year for similar reasons but the decision is still always on my mind.

We're WTT #3, currently we have two daughters ages 8 and 3. We're looking at TTC in the summer and until recently I was very conflicted about it all. I'm still not sure how well everything will fit together but I've had several people tell me it just will and I'm at peace with expanding our family. I'm not sure how I feel about more past 3, DH says he would only want to try for #4 if we had another girl as he really would like a son. It really does feel like a much harder decision this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"