OH and birth anxiety

alio

Reaction score
Is anybody else's OH having anxiety with all this pregnancy lark?

Danny is the most lovely creature in the world but he has been really, really anxious lately. Obviously, I am overdue and it seems this is worrying him.

It was funny yesterday, he was at work and in between client visits he phoned me to say he couldn't concentrate and felt so shaky and nervous. It was so funny, a very heavily pregnant woman telling her partner to take deep breaths and relax. Somehow felt like a reversal of roles?!

He can't eat at all. He's better when he's home with me, I suppose because he's near to us?!??! He's not usually like this at all? Anybody else found this??

Yes. Stefan is terrified of hospitals and doctors. I keep trying to tell him that maternity units are generally nice places and not full of really sick people but I'm not having much luck. I feel really bad about him having to be there but obviously I need his support and he doesn't want to miss the birth either.

My OH makes like he is coping well - but I know better! I know that fixed smile face, when they're trying to look like they're in control!! I'm sure he'll be fine though..........I hope!!!:rofl:

OMG Ali...the parallel universe we have...

My hubby is a wreck at the moment. He's usually one of THE most level headed and rational men you could meet - irritatingly so at times.

He has been saying for a week or so how he cant think about anything other than me and Hebe. He text me yesterday talking about coming home sick to be here. I told him he might as well be at work with his head up his arse - at least he's busy. Of course just like we keep getting calls and texts saying 'any news?' etc etc, everyone at work is doing the same to him coz they all know me from when I worked there and the kids in his classes are like coiled springs too every time his phone goes!!

He spent half an hour this morning freting about this footie fixure that couldnt be further from us and what he'd do if I started this afternoon after the sweep.

it's a bobbins limbo situation and we could still be here next week. I actually think I'm handling it better than he is.

x

My OH makes like he is coping well - but I know better! I know that fixed smile face, when they're trying to look like they're in control!! I'm sure he'll be fine though..........I hope!!!:rofl:
Yeah, I think Danny was doing fine til we had a bit of a false alarm last week. Since then he's been more frightened of birth than me....

Mines ok when i'm pregnant and nearly due but an absolute mess in the delivery room with my first baby the midwife sent him out cus he was turning green and that was being at the top end with my second this midwife sent him to the bottom end to see her being born and the look on his face was so funny that even i started laughing while i was pushing.God knows what he's going to be like this time lol

OMG Ali...the parallel universe we have...

My hubby is a wreck at the moment. He's usually one of THE most level headed and rational men you could meet - irritatingly so at times.

He has been saying for a week or so how he cant think about anything other than me and Hebe. He text me yesterday talking about coming home sick to be here. I told him he might as well be at work with his head up his arse - at least he's busy. Of course just like we keep getting calls and texts saying 'any news?' etc etc, everyone at work is doing the same to him coz they all know me from when I worked there and the kids in his classes are like coiled springs too every time his phone goes!!

He spent half an hour this morning freting about this footie fixure that couldnt be further from us and what he'd do if I started this afternoon after the sweep.

it's a bobbins limbo situation and we could still be here next week. I actually think I'm handling it better than he is.

x

Lisa, are we related? It's a good job our OH's have different names or I'd be getting suspicious!!:rofl:

That is exactly what Danny is like. He's supposed to be putting in packages of care for people in dire need and he says he can't even remember what conditions they have or their names! If he gets called to court he'll just be able to repeat 'partner having a baby, partner having a baby...' like some strange person.....

He has clammy hands and this nervous lump deep in his belly.....It's worse than just a bit of worry! He can't focus at all!!! On anything!

I know exactly what you mean about people at his work too. I think if another person says to him 'no sign yet then' he'll either cry or walk out silently!!

Like you say, it's so uncharacteristic and that frightens him too!!!

Let's hope we don't have to go through this for much longer eh girl?

xxxxxx

Mines ok when i'm pregnant and nearly due but an absolute mess in the delivery room with my first baby the midwife sent him out cus he was turning green and that was being at the top end with my second this midwife sent him to the bottom end to see her being born and the look on his face was so funny that even i started laughing while i was pushing.God knows what he's going to be like this time lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Obviously I've got a bit to go yet but OH is absolutely crapping himself, bless.

Totally! My OH was a wreck my whole pregnancy, and I thought he would lose the plot when I actually went into labour but he was amazing when it came to it!
I'm sure yours will be the same! :hugs:

My OH is making out like he will be able to handle everything well... He keeps saying he has helped deliver puppies and they apparently have a really nasty nasty birth lol...

So we'll see... dont know how I feel about being compared to a dog??

LOL

He is definately excited though, I can tell he cant wait to see his little girl.

I've no idea with my OH he is like a stone maybe if i tried stabbing him i'd get some emotion. If i need comfort LIKE NOW he just shrugs his shoulders!! I guess on the plus side when i'm battering the crap out of him when i'm in labour he'll just stand there and not care!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->