Oh crap! I ate a medium burger....toxoplasmosis worry

Popping in from 3rd tri. Sushi is safe so long as its frozen I think 4 hours (under a certain temp but I forget) before its used which is health code in the U.S state I live in. So I've eaten raw sushi as the place I get it from freezes it before use properly. I also eat deli meats cold because the risk is so small, my steaks are med-rare but I'm sure I've had a rare steak somewhere along the line. I have all ground meats cooked medium-well BUT I also get meat fresh ground so its not store bought kind that's pre packaged which lessens the risks further.

My OB knows all of this and has no issues as she says the risks are very very very small, and that you can get listera eating nearly anything including LEFTOVERS haha but its such a super small risk. I freaked at first but as I got farther along I slowly realized what I was comfortable with and what I wasn't (like I don't drink wine, even though I know its perfectly safe to have a half a glass occasionally) I'm just not comfortable with it. You all will figure out what you are comfortable with.

And I've committed a few other no nos like I have the small redbull about once every two-three weeks, my OB knows and says so long as I really limit myself (I used to have quite the energy drink fixation but stopped when I started ttcing) that the baby is safe. I don't even drink a full small one myself haha, I split it with the OH. Any food can be recalled at any time for listera, or other things like salmonella so honestly its all about what you feel comfortable with, and as long as you aren't putting your baby in any direct danger you are fine.

My OB actually recommended a good sushi place for me last visit haha! Her biggest concern was me eating to much fish with high mercury and told me what to stay away from that's high in it.

I chatted this over with my midwife at my first appointment last week. She didn't seem to know much about toxoplasmosis but she was big on mental health during pregnancy and said she would see if she could arrange a test to put my mind at ease. She phoned later to say no problem so it's going in with my 'booking-in' bloods next week.

It's worth asking about it if it's bothering you. It might be an idea to print out the toxo page on Tommy's or the NHS to take along with you in case your midwife isn't aware of toxoplasmosis.

Hopefully my tests will be good news!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->