Oh dear..the sleep issue has started...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by CandyApple19, Jan 26, 2011.

1. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

:wacko::wacko: I love sleep... but i'm sure as hell not enjoying how horrid my hips feel wen i wake up..i cannot sleep on my back, i cant sleep on my belly..so my choice is left..or right.and after a while they both hurt... :nope::nope:

My mate stacey is sending me her preggy pillow! But i wont get it until next week =] ny ideas for me til then? =[

2. tina3747

tina3747 Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!

Pillow between your knees although it's a bit more comfy my hips still hurt in the morning!

3. caarmywife

caarmywife Well-Known Member

I have no advice- going through the same thing!! My hips/outer thighs hurt so bad! Let us know if the preggo pillow works- I have a full length body pillow but it isnt doing much at all!

4. lindseymw

lindseymw Mother of two boys

Pillow between legs will ease it a bit. I also started pulling duvet right around me & tucking it under bump.

My preg pillow has arrived today so fingers crossed its better!

5. cbmd

cbmd one little boy - milo

Snap....my hips and also my knees hurt from one being on top of the other all night. I have quite a soft blanket and i now tuck it in front of me (i kind of hug it like a person if that makes sense), so in way it takes some of the weight off my hips and i put some of it between my legs and it works. My hips have stopped hurting and so have my knees. Its a pretty big blanket so i can mould it where i want and its nice and soft (its one of those snuggles thats meant for sitting on sofa with!)
    I find its the only thing that helps and if i turn over its easy to drag over the other side.
    x

6. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

I'll tell you how it is once i get it and what type it is =] My partner is fab at stealing the covers so tucking some under my bump would result in him flipping me off the bed rolling over himself LOL! I'll see if i can find a spare pillow and tuck it under my belly =D

I hate this discomfort!

7. LHill2010

LHill2010 Well-Known Member

I sleep with a pregnancy pillow, and a pillow under my belly... but I'm not getting too much sleep these days either.. I just toss and turn :(

8. plumsugar

plumsugar Well-Known Member

me to hunni my hips kill me at night and first thing in the morning try a pillow between legs. i think its our bodies getting us used to lack of sleep Lol.