OH did the washing...

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
And washed our new nappies and liners on a 40 degree wash with fabric softener :dohh:

Will they be ok? :cry:

The 40 degree part is fine... The fabric conditioner, less so :dohh: They'll be fine, but I'm not sure whether just washing them again will get rid of it, or whether they'll need a strip wash. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer that :)

i would strip wash them and throw out the softner

What fabric are the nappies made from? With our first son my hubby washed the odd cotton nappy in a clothes wash with fabric condtioner and they didn't seem to be affected at all. I think it'd be a problem with microfibre though.

Try using them, they might not be affected at all. Just be prepared to change frequently in case it has affected absorbency.

:shrug:

yeah i agree, strip wash them! its a good thing im in charge of washing duties in here or I guarantee they would have been softened every time!

Thanks ladies, the insert is microfiber and the actual nappy bit is fleecy.

How do I do a strip wash? :dohh: do I literally wash with nothing?

Bless him, he's only trying to be helpful but I cringed when I saw it going round the washer!

Xx

I'd do a strip wash. You can wash them in a full dose of detergent (rather than the 1/4 dose you'd normally use for nappies, I'm betting your OH used a full dose on them too, didn't he?!) and then keep rinsing until no more bubbles come out in the water. Be prepared for the rinsing to take ALL day!

Or a quicker way is to do a good length (not a quick wash) 60 degree wash after a normal nappy wash, when they're clean with a dishwasher tablet in the drum with the nappies. Just use a bog standard tablet, no gels or fancy dissolving wrappers. Then do an extra rinse or two at the end and you're done.

The dishwasher tablet way doesn't seem as thorough as the full dose of detergent way, but I would probably do that first then if you have any issues, do the longer way.

I agree... it is cringeworthy when they wash the nappies... my DH is banned from washing anything nappy related, otherwise, they'd always be washed at 30 with loads of detergent and conditioner. At least he never threw them out like my DH did! I agree with everyone else. A good strip wash should see them right. Good luck. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->