OH doesn't want too ... (am I the only one?)

Every time I give birth my DH pretty much runs to stand at the foot of the bed, haha. He always gets a look on his face like "Oh my good Lord..." but then usually just starts blubbering anyway. He's a HUGE crybaby <----- I say that affectionately ;)

Although I could totally see how it'd be weird for the guys to feel a living being moving through someone else's stomach. Just different personalities. Once baby is here, all the dads are all over them &#10084;&#65039;

DH likes to feel the baby move, usually at least once a day he'll put his hand on there and try to feel movement. He was gone on a trip and that was the first thing he said when he came back, "I want to feel that baby." However I'm not sure how he's going to handle the delivery...this is our first. He's really squeamish, even talking about gross things will give him a gag reflex. He's going to be in there with me whether he likes it or not but I doubt he'll be able to handle watching all that, he might puke ha ha.

My DH is terrified of the whole labor thing too. I guess each man is different :)

My man loves to feel baby move. And I don't see why he would be freaked out about seeing down there, he's seen about everything you can possibly see in that area already.
But everyone's different. Maybe it freaks him out to feel something moving under your skin. Even I can start thinking weird stuff about that if I let myself

I think it's not that uncommon for men to be freaked out by labour. Think about it from the guy's point of view - the woman he loves is going through pain and there is blood and stuff, and he can't do anything to protect her from it. I bet most of the men who say they'll stay head end will end up seeing everything and getting involved without thinking about how they were squeamish before.

Being weirded by baby kicking is probably less common but I do sort of get it. I guess it's harder for the man to connect with what's growing inside you too.

My hubby can't wait to be able to feel this baby kick, with our daughter he loved that towards the end when the kicking got really strong I could cuddle him and she'd be kicking him! He wasn't there for the birth as I had to have an emergency section under general. This time I'm having a planned section so he will be there, he fully intends to stay my side of the screen - he's not squeamish and has watched sections on tv but he doesn't like the thought of seeing his own wife in that situation. I'd hate to see my husband undergoing surgery, I'd be so scared.

My OH felt our son kick and wiggle and he HATED the wiggles/rolls! Kicks were fine though. Not sure about the labour thing though, I asked him to not look, then got pissed off at him for doing as I asked and not seeing baby be born :dohh: But I don't think it would have been a nice thing to see anyway! Not sure what his thoughts are on it this time.

Ah Im glad my OH is not the only one lol I think once baby actually starts moving, yah he might think its weird but I think hell be fascinated by it without realizing it lol same for when I go into labor. And Im actually okay with him not seeing everything lol would rather him not see me poop on the delivery table if I do.. lmfao

My DH sleeps with his hand on my belly every night waiting till he can feel them move. I feel them move already but this isnt my first so I knew what it felt like. He is jealous I get to feel it and he cant :(

I am sure he will be at the foot of the bed wanting to catch them when they come out.

My husband watched and honestly it freaked me out. I would have preferred by my head!

I think my OH wants to feel baby but too shy to unless I ask him to put his hand on my belly.. A couple of times he's blown raspberries and shouted hello in there! As for delivery with my dd I had my sister who sat and saw everything, my mum next to me and OH was behind me holding me up on the stool so didn't see a thing. He doesn't want to see anything this time around either.. And he does joke about not being there but he was fantastic when I had dd so It sort of goes over my head cuz I know when the moment comes he will be fantastic once again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->