Oh fudge...

KatelynsMummy

Mummy to Katelyn!
Reaction score
we've had a friggin powercut!
What do I do if LO wakes for a bottle?! We have an electric cooker... So that wont work..
We rang the company people from our mobiles and they said it can take upto 48 hours to be put back on...
I'm lucky that my laptop has a 4 hour battery life :haha:

could you just buy a few cartons for ready made milk from tescos? I know it wont be warm but its probably the best solution. x

its 10:45pm... No shops are open round me :dohh:
AND i dont drive! Typical :flower:

All I can suggest is maybe finding a 24hr supermarket and buying some ready made formula?
Sorry I cant come up with a better suggestion x

Hot water tap to warm bottles for now? Then tesco for ready made cartons!

Save your battery life!!!!!!
X

Camping cooker?? Any friends or neighbours nearby with electric still on or gas cookers?

My whole area has gone down, our neighbour came round and asked what we was going to do.. The woman next door is in the same pickle as we dont know anyone that drives... :dohh: I havent even made any bottles up, I always make them just before she needs them... :dohh:

Send one person in taxi?
If you all chip in for taxi and all pay for your own formula a taxi wont cost much..
X

Hi, do you have any water in the kettle that has just been boiled once? If you have I would use that to make a bottle up. Hope you get power soon x

Hi, do you have any water in the kettle that has just been boiled once? If you have I would use that to make a bottle up. Hope you get power soon x

No we dont, because I'm a silly mummy :dohh:

I had a power cut over the winter at night when my LO was having bottles more frequently and I usually have some cartons of ready made milk (I always buy some to leave at my parents incase I forget/or he needs more) but that was still no good for me because LO at the time wouldn't drink cold milk. Even though it was like 11pm I knocked on my neighbours door because I knew she had a gas cooker and she boiled up some water for me for a few bottles and then when I needed them warmed I just stood them in hot tap water for 10 minutes and it did the trick :)

Hope your electric comes back on soon though :flower:

Awwhh, a man from 3 streets away has brought us his camping cooker!
Everyone's sat outside making cuppa's and having conversation :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->