Oh gosh.. breasts suddenly leaking- a lot !!

Violet3

Mama to 1 baba <3
Reaction score
I'm typing this on my phone whilst sat on the bed in a state of shock ! XD
OH was playing on his videogames and I was laid on my left side browing the second trimester BnB forum. Suddenly my left breast felt cold. I sat up, and to my shock, there was a big patch of wetness on my PJ top over my boob ! :O
I know that it's common for breasts to start leaking but A) I didn't realise it happened this early and B) it's just such a weird feeling ! :wacko:
Of course I was intruged and quickly cried 'oh my god my boob's leaking !!' To which OH just looked really excited and went 'awhhh ! Oh wow ! You're making milk !' Hahaha. I gave both my boobies a squeeze and sure enough, there is colostrum coming from them both.
The worst part is, we're staying at my in-laws tonight and I only have one PJ top so I'm going to have to go downstairs with a wet patch on my boob haha !! Oh dear.

Just a quick question though- do I need to buy nursing pads for my breasts now ? And is this going to happen regularly from now on ?

Argh it's so weird and exciting knowing that I'm starting to produce my baby's food :)

Thanks for reading, good luck to you all and hope you all have a happy and healthy 40 weeks :)

Woohoo its happened to me to. It's so exciting knowing your in working order lol. I was so shocked at first but it happens to me now and again. Don't squeeze them too much though I was told you shouldn't. I would suggest breast pads just incase.

Thanks Mrs-F :) I will buy some pads when I go to the mall tomorrow. I'm not planning on squeezing them too much, don't worry haha ! I only gave them both a squeeze to see if they were definitely leaking and I didn't just have a wet patch for some random reason haha :) and yeah, it's lovely to know that my body's working the way it should ! :)

Hi hun. Me too. But not til i got to 22 weeks.

I would suggest stocking up on breast pads and if you have never used them before i can highly recommend tommee tippee ones in the silver box. I breast fed for over two yrs and these were by far my fave.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy xx

i havent stopped producing colostum since becoming pregnant with zane my first, it is such a weird feeling when u leak, im used to it now but i dont leak enough to make my top wet.

like others have said stock up on pads, u will need alot after baby is born too x

Does this happen to all mommies? I don't intend to breastfed, and am afraid if my milk comes in, it will be painful getting it to dry up. I try not to mess too much with my boobies, so as not to stimulate anything. (heard that can cause it) I am just wondering if I should be prepared for unexpected leakage...

Thank you everyone for your advice ! :)

3bumpz, I'll be sure to check out the tommee tippee breast pads tomorrow. I'm assuming they'll have some in my local mothercare :) if not I'll have to buy a random brand for now and get some of the tippee ones online haha ! X

Dollface, I'm not actually sure to be honest. Maybe it's like most pregnancy symptoms- some mum's get them, some don't. But I'd assume that most women are likely to experience some leakage whether they're planning on BFing or not because obviously your boobies won't know that you're not planning to use them haha :) hope this helps ! X

Yes, happened to me for a week straight, and just recently stopped. I have breast pads and carry them with me to work just in case. I think this will come and go!

Mine started around 20 weeks, but up until 2 weeks ago it wasn't enough to need breast pads during the day. It only really happened for me after taking my bra off. Something about the girls hanging low makes them leak:haha:

Does this happen to all mommies? I don't intend to breastfed, and am afraid if my milk comes in, it will be painful getting it to dry up. I try not to mess too much with my boobies, so as not to stimulate anything. (heard that can cause it) I am just wondering if I should be prepared for unexpected leakage...

Your milk will come in regardless of whether you decide to breastfeed or not. It's a natural, hormonal chain reaction started at labor. Your mill WILL come in around 2-4 days postpartum. Maybe someone can help you with ideas on how to dry up quickly though (cabbage leaves in your bra while engorged helped wonders for me).

I've never had an early leakage issue, only after, hmmm.

are you all on first baby? i am and i havent had this yet. although im not really complaining :lol: the longer i can go without having to stuff cotton wool things down my underwear the better :) it is definately exciting though. just another thing to make it all real for you :)

are you all on first baby? i am and i havent had this yet. although im not really complaining :lol: the longer i can go without having to stuff cotton wool things down my underwear the better :) it is definately exciting though. just another thing to make it all real for you :)

1st for me. Hope you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to deal with the leaking. Just another one of the glamorous symptoms of pregnancy:dohh:

Yep, I work in a school and one of the kids was crying in the playground (teenager not even a little kid but it is a special school) anyway I was sat in my office and hear this kid crying, next thing I know my bras wet! That's never happened before , although I woke up a week or so ago and there was a wet patch on the bed at booby height...
The milk was odd but didn't really bother me it was the braxton hicks it set off that freaked me out, I had three, I was gonna ring mat ward in a panic but they stopped.
Thing is kids cry at work everyday am I doomed to dribble and contract everyday?

And I thought it was babies crying that set it off not 14year old autistic boys!

I never leaked untill way past 8 months with my first and have had nothing yet either, so hopefully it will be the same again! x

i've had this too since 18 weeks and its really starting to get on my nerves. It only ever happens at night when i'm sleeping and braless. But where i'm such a light sleeper the wetness and coldness wakes me up instantly everytime! You can get sleep bras which i think i need to invest in so i can buy some pads to wear to soak it up so i hopefully get a good nights sleep.

I too didnt think this happend until right before or even after the baby was born.. Ive still got 20 weeks of this to go :cry:

nothings happening to my boobies except their urge to KEEP GROWING!! lol

I feel a little better knowing that this has also happened to other ladies quite early :) although I'm starting to get a little worried at the symptoms I'm currently experiencing now. :wacko: and yes, this is my first little one :')

I'm supposed to be 17 weeks 6 days today. Which isn't even half way there yet. But I already have the linea nigra from my belly button down to my pubic area, I've gained a whole stone in weight already, and my boobs have started leaking ! Is it normal for me to have these symptoms so soon ? Most of them are things that ladies experience much later on. Especially the leaky boobies. Do you think that I might get put forward at my next scan ?

Thanks ladies, hope you and your little beans are doing well ! :D

This happened to me 3 weeks ago. I am too scared to take my bra off lol! I used to love coming home and whipping my bra off but now i cant. I do have big boobies 36F so maybe thats it.

I dont plan on BF either so i hope it will dry up quick when baby is here :-(

I've been waiting and hoping for this to happen (squeezing every night, lol!). And finally it did last week! Very clear. So exciting!!

Is it normal for my colostrum to start leaking so early ? XD I've got my 20 week scan on the 18th April, does anyone reckon I'll get put forward ? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->