oh, gosh! I'm so nervous (update page 2! ;-))

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
I am so nervous to ask my DH for a ttc date. I am planning on asking somewhere over the weekend and I want to cry from nervousness. I am so scared that he would say no or that we would have to wait until 2015/16. I already waited more than a year and I will be okay with another one (barely, scraping through), but not two years.

Any tips, advice??? Please??? Except for a glass of wine now..................

We discussed baby names and birthing options, but is that enough to give me the go-ahead for this "major" discussion?

I would say so. No tips, just go for it, he might surprise you and be thinking of it as well. Good luck!

If you've talked about baby names and birthing options, I think it's safe to say this won't be coming out of left field. I agree with Button, he might be thinking about it already, too! Good luck, and we're here if you want to try out some conversation starters! :)

The worst is he will say we will have to wait longer...........but, I guess it's not the end of the world then. Thanks ladies! I will just do what I always do. Talking very fast and loads! Haha

Good luck ! Let us know how it goes!! The only way to find out is to ask!

I would say you should feel comfortable talking about and asking anything of your husband. That is what marriage is all about. Communication. Clear communication with tact.
So yes you should definitely raise the subject considering you've talked about everything else. Don't be nervous. Excited is fine. Let us know the verdict!

Our car was in for gearbox repair now for two weeks. Today we will finally receive it again and my husband is coming home again after being away for weeks. But, now I have to tell him that we will have to pay in 10k after insurance paid out a great amount. I don't have the guts to ask about a baby now. I feel a little bit down at the moment.

You know your husband better than anyone else. If you think that the issue with money now is going to make the TTC discussion a bad choice, then wait. It's all about knowing the person you're talking to and making sure that you are raising such an important question in the best environment possible. Otherwise, the answer may not be what he is really feeling.

I definitely think you guys should talk about it, but if you feel that now that you have to talk about financial stuff, which is very stressful, will alter his response, you should wait until next weekend or after his initial upset.

If not, then talk to him about it today.

I think I will be talking to him about the car today, but perhaps the baby talk next week when we drive to the coast. (11 hour drive) usually when we are on the road we can talk calmly and about the future. That is one of our most emotionally intimate times.

I think I will be talking to him about the car today, but perhaps the baby talk next week when we drive to the coast. (11 hour drive) usually when we are on the road we can talk calmly and about the future. That is one of our most emotionally intimate times.

Sounds like a good plan :flower:

So we talked and he actually said the he also thought about another. We just haven't decided on a date yet as there are some changes in his company and we would like to wait until everything has settled down. Just so glad that he is on board! :)

Update!

I am going off of the bcp on 30 September 2013. That's right! Over a weeks time. Dh talked to me this morning and said he was thinking about another baby for a few months now. He said that "time would never be right" according to us and he is right. We are financially stable and have everything and more to provide for two babies, but we will always have goals. He said that maybe should stop think about "what if" and just go for it. Dd was a surprise and she changed our lives for the good. It was so special this morning when he said he wants another baby.

Nawwww wonderful. It's nice when they've been thinking things through on their own as well. Good luck in a week's time!!

Wow so not long then. Just imagine if u hadn't brought it up that wudnt be happening. Bet ur head is spinning lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"