OH makes me feel huge

Tiffanah07

Reaction score
Ok so at 22 weeks ive gained 13 lbs. Which my Dr told me im doing prefect. But my husband makes me feel otherwise...he keeps telling me i should work out and that I have gotten bigger everywhere :( everyone else tells me its all in my belly. I don't know what to do. I wanna cry. And than I think about working out but than i don't want to cause husband upsets .me with telling me to. Sorry random...just feel sad

Dont feel sad your beautiful because your making a new life. I sometimes feel sad too though when I see my OH and he is still so fit and in shape and I'm getting huge. I wouldnt worry about it you can always lose weight after you have your baby but for now I like to think of it as eating for two ;) and boooyy am I taking advantage of being pregnant and eating whatever I want for once in my life.

Oh I want to shake your OH!! A couple of questions for you:

Did you work out before you were pregnant? Or if you did have you been working out in the last 14 weeks? If not then don't even think about it!! Your muscles are weakening, your ligaments are stretching and if you work out you could do yourself some serious damage!

Are you tired easily and a little breathless when you do a lot of stuff?? Then you need to take it easy not go to the gym.

You are doing perfectly well gaining that little bit of weight and it will all come off afterwards don't worry!! I'm so angry with your OH!!

I would get a few bags of sugar that weigh how much you have gained and tie them to your OH and tell him to walk around all day and sleep with them and see how he likes it when you tell him what he looks like - he is being very inconsiderate and you should tell him so your weight gain is perfectly normal and by no means excessive - I have gained more than that and I'm only 19 weeks! What does he expect to happen you are pregnant of course you are going to gain weight - its called a baby!

Sorry but I'd tell the insensitive swine to sod off! It's his child you are keeping warm and safe in there and he could do well to remember that! I'm struggling a little with getting used to being bigger as my whole life I've had to excersise and watch what I eat to maintain a certain weight that i'm happy with but my husband has embraced my new figure and would NEVER EVER say such mean things. Hugs to you and DON'T you feel bad about your wieght gain x x x

your having a baby hun of corse your going to gain weight!! dont listen to him :hugs: xxxxxxxxxx

Tell him how it makes you feel to hear him say that. Everyone puts on weight when they are pregnant and if your doctor is happy with how you're progressing then you don't need to worry. Look after yourself.

I agree! This is absurd...does he ever want to get laid???!!! What an idiot.

I'm 18 weeks. I was small before, 5'7 and 125lbs. Went to doctor and have gained 18lbs. She said I'm normal so remind him it could be a lot worse!!! :hugs:

Pffft! I'd be having none of that kind of talk :) When you put pregnancy weight on it's not all baby - it's amniotic fluid, your boobs getting bigger, fluid retention, and the increased quantity of blood you're making to keep your little one going.

If your pregnancy is going well and baby is happy, then you're obviously doing the right things - especially if your Dr is happy - and frankly your Dr's opinion is more important than your OH's when it comes to the health and safety of you and baby! When your OH has got some qualifications in gynecology and midwifery, and understands all of the processes involved in being pregnant and growing a whole other human being inside you successfully, then he'd be allowed to comment - not before! The cheek!

Aww, your DH sounds really insensitive :( my DH was telling me off last night lol. I was complaining about being so big already and he put me in my place...

"A few weeks ago you were complaining you weren't showing! And now you are you're even more beautiful and at least you have a reason! You're going to get fat, but that's our little boy and you can always lose it all after."

I felt like a right twat after that little pep talk XD but he's right! We are growing our children, it's a special time and we should take full advantage of it :) tell your DH to bugger off, tell him to try having something grow in his belly. Or better yet, get a watermelon and a lemon... Tell him that the watermelon represents baby and the melon represents you "down there". Tell him that if he thinks he can squeeze the watermelon out of his ass then he has the right to tell you to work out. If he goes quiet and shuts up you just say "yeah... Exactly" haha.

Cheer up, as long as you are eating healthily then you can't really do much about the weight gain. I've gained about 20lbs so far and my little boy isn't even measuring big... He's just below the average line do I'm gona be like a whale by the time he pops out lol.

XxX

it appears as though my DH is losing weight...i understand that he wants to try to get healthy now that we have a LO on the way (he's quite overweight) but can't he wait until after i give birth so we can lose weight together? i feel fat already, last thing i need is for him to get smaller.

Oh I want to shake your OH!! A couple of questions for you:

Did you work out before you were pregnant? Or if you did have you been working out in the last 14 weeks? If not then don't even think about it!! Your muscles are weakening, your ligaments are stretching and if you work out you could do yourself some serious damage!

Are you tired easily and a little breathless when you do a lot of stuff?? Then you need to take it easy not go to the gym.

You are doing perfectly well gaining that little bit of weight and it will all come off afterwards don't worry!! I'm so angry with your OH!!

No I haven't been exercising at all. I'm a dental assistant so I'm always on my feet but that's iy

& thanks ladies yall cheered me up :)
My husband says that atleast he is honest. He is so vain though

Well tell him to keep his 'honest' opinions to himself. lol x

lol I've gained slightly more weight than you. I don't know if he is aware but you are SUPPOSED to gain weight during pregnancy. Worry about losing it after the baby is born!

Honest opinions about weight during pregnancy?! Silly man! I like some of the other suggestions on here (the watermelon/lemon talk and making him walk around with bags of sugar, lol), which I might make mine do. Although he's never said I should lose weight and doesn't make me feel bad if I don't go for the long walks for exercise when I'm not feeling up to it, he has said things that he immediately knows are wrong when I give him the pregnant fury stare. When I had my first appointment at the doc he was with me and I made him plug his ears and look away when the nurse weighed me so that he wouldn't see my original weight because I didn't want him to know how much I would weigh, which the woman laughed off and said "happens all the time" and kept it very discreet for me (bless her). However, the consultant we had to meet with for the first visit after that lovely nurse announced my weight in front of him and I gasped. And she said, "oh you didn't want him to know?" to which I replied, "ah no". Her reply was that "well, if he left you for that reason you shouldn't be with him anyway." I wanted to slap her silly and that wasn't the damn point! Anyway, now he knows and now he knows how much I've gained at each subsequent appointment. Recently he said something like, "oh, you weigh as much as me now and you'll definitely weigh a lot more than me by the end." GRRRRR. I really wanted to say, not if you keep getting up in the middle of the night and eating MY ice cream, but I chose the fury stare and he got my point :) Anyway, you should try to explain to him in terms he can understand - he has to have some insecurity that you can point out that if you made mention of it all the time he'd feel bad to make a comparison. I'm not saying make fun of him! Just a hypothetical to try and help make him see from your point of view. Worth a shot maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->