oh my god... I have managed to get a scan!!!

flumpy

Reaction score
As most of you know - cos I whinged about it so much - i am not due to get my '12 week' scan for another 5 weeks - when I will be 17 weeks!!

i tried everything i could think of but to no avail.... well today i thought i would try the hospital directly one last time just to see of someone nice answered the phone.... well they did and they said they are quiet today so I can pop up this afternoon and they will do a quick scan - they said I might not be able to have any photo's (which is fine with me) and if they suddenly get busy or have emergencies they will cancel on me (fine again!!) but other than that I will get to see my bean today!!!:cloud9:

the only downside is that I have worked myself into such a frenzy that i am completely convinced that there will be nothing there or i will have had a missed miscarriage!!:dohh: i havent had any spotting/bleeding or cramps, but I also havent had many symptoms - sore breasts (but they disappeared a good few weeks ago) and I get a bit nauseous if i let my tummy get too empty - other than that i am fine but cant get this out of my head!!

sorry for the long thread!!! just trying to find some PMA and other people who have been similar to me and it all turned out fine.:thumbup:

thanks!!

Wow well done for getting your scan, good luck and keep us updated :)

Thats great, but going abt ur first scan the idea of a growth scan at 12 weeks to too see how babies growing etc, and measure nuchal fold to screen for downs, well this is apparently only kinda accurate between 10-13 I was told. So there is that factor too, I thought it was requirement to have first scan by 13 weeks, but it just wasn't compulsory to offer a secone one? Don't quote me mind, just a thought in the unlikely event you weren't aware.

Lets hope you get a scan this avo hunni fx for you ad am sure you'll be fine.

Thats great, but going abt ur first scan the idea of a growth scan at 12 weeks to too see how babies growing etc, and measure nuchal fold to screen for downs, well this is apparently only kinda accurate between 10-13 I was told. So there is that factor too, I thought it was requirement to have first scan by 13 weeks, but it just wasn't compulsory to offer a secone one? Don't quote me mind, just a thought in the unlikely event you weren't aware.

Lets hope you get a scan this avo hunni fx for you ad am sure you'll be fine.

really sorry dont know if that is just me but your post has confused me?!! it might just be preggo brain! you xcould be making perfect sense but i dont understand what you are saying lol!!!

I think I was a bit confused when I first read this but I think what shinning star means, is that you can only do the nuchal fold tests between 10 - 13, so therefore v important that you do have one now rather than at 17. So potentially quite naughty if the hospital had left it.

oh yes that's fantastic news.

Phew at least you don't have to wait to 17 weeks now!

well I am back!!!

All was well saw little bean kicking its legs about and the little heart beating away!!! woohoo!! bad news is they put me back 10 days (i suspected that they might cos I got pg straight after MC so assumed i had ov'd late etc) but i dont really care i am just so glad everything is fine!!!

:happydance: Hooray glad it all went well, bet you are relieved now!

thanks, I am soooo relieved!!! i dont think I have ever been so relieved and happy in my life!!!

thanks girls! i am just soooo happy I have not stopped smiling all afternoon!! I AM HAVING A BABY!!!! AGGGHHHH!!!

Woohoo! That's great. Having to wait till 17 weeks was definitely too long in my opinion as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->