Oh my god I'm freaking out!!

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
I just went to the toilet and a massive glob of really thick and slightly yellow mucus came out, so I had a feel around and my cervix feels open!!! I've had no bleeding but I'm really paranoid that I might start soon has anybody had this??

This literally just happened to me as well, it was a intense bm that caused it (sorry tmi) it kind of freaked me out too even though iv experienced it before with my last pregnancy. I think it's normal Hun they do say when you lose parts of your mucus plug it can regenerate anyway so unless you have any pain you should be fine. If your really concerned though maybe speak to your midwife x

This literally just happened to me as well, it was a intense bm that caused it (sorry tmi) it kind of freaked me out too even though iv experienced it before with my last pregnancy. I think it's normal Hun they do say when you lose parts of your mucus plug it can regenerate anyway so unless you have any pain you should be fine. If your really concerned though maybe speak to your midwife x

I have also just had a bowel movement, it looked like mucus plug (I've since googled what it looks like) but I didn't think you could lose mucus plug at 12 weeks?

I have never felt my cervix during pregnancy - well, not until 37 weeks, anyway. However, I always get chunks of thick mucous when I use the toilet. Heck, I even get it when I'm constipated and haven't been in a while. I think it's just fine. I DO get checked for infection if it turns green (mine is often green when pregnant). I do think it might be some plug, maybe just CM that has built up and we've pushed out, I'm not sure. But it regenerates. I get it all the way through all of my pregnancies.

Maybe something to do with having a bm then? Hmm.. I'm not sure if you can lose it that early I don't think it ever happened to me that early. Do you think it's definitely plug or possibly cm build up? Sorry I'm not very good at this. Maybe run it passed your midwife to be on the safe side x

Mucus plug starts to develop and build up as soon as you become pregnant as it prevents bacteria and semen going up through the cervix. Bits of it can come away throughout pregnancy and it regenerates.
I had some very thick mucus come out in my first pregnancy every so often but once I lost the plug after 40 weeks it was still different. The plug is often almost like jelly and there is tons of it, usually a bit blood streaked too.
Try not to worry about it :)

Also remember your cervix is thick and about 3cm long, so the opening at the top of your vagina might feel a bit open, but the rest of it can be closed. X

I had this happen the other day and made a post here about it.... hasnt happened since and all is fine..

My cervix always feels slightly open so much I can even put a finger in it. Miscarriages, D&C procedures and giving birth can all change the way your cervix feels. I freaked out about this too before I knew that it was normal. Your mucus plug actually fills in that gap in your cervix and regenerates throughout pregnancy. You will lose pieces of it every once in a while but it will eventually reseal itself. As long as there is no bleeding you should be fine :hugs:

Thank you ladies for all your replies, I had a scan this afternoon and everything was normal! Thank you so much for helping keep me calm!!

Glad all is well! (Also - I second the idea that feeling your cervix doesn't really offer the most valuable information. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->