Oh my goodness, do I finally have an answer??? *update* I do have an answer!

I'm sorry you don't have an answer yet. I think the women who don't get a positive pregnancy test for weeks are wrong with their dates and I used to be one. For my first 3 pregnancies I would say I didn't get a positive until 6 weeks but the more I learnt about my body and how it works I realized I sometimes don't ovulate until day 26. My babies always catch up by 12 weeks scan so agree with lmp but I would always be 9 days overdue. Even when I knew I ovulated late docs still went by lmp. How did you get on with the doc could they help? It sounds like you didn't ovulate when you should of. Have you thought of temping? Just to confirm o so you can be sure of dates.

Well, the doctor was about as helpful as a chocolate teapot. He said they won't do bloods, as because I've not had a positive urine test, I won't be pregnant. His advice is to wait until either period or positive test happens. Come back in a week or so if nothing's happened. He said it can't be ectopic because I've not had a positive test. Oh and he said the reason I have acid reflux is because I'm "significantly overweight". That's always fantastic to hear.

I'm sorry you don't have an answer yet. I think the women who don't get a positive pregnancy test for weeks are wrong with their dates and I used to be one. For my first 3 pregnancies I would say I didn't get a positive until 6 weeks but the more I learnt about my body and how it works I realized I sometimes don't ovulate until day 26. My babies always catch up by 12 weeks scan so agree with lmp but I would always be 9 days overdue. Even when I knew I ovulated late docs still went by lmp. How did you get on with the doc could they help? It sounds like you didn't ovulate when you should of. Have you thought of temping? Just to confirm o so you can be sure of dates.

The thing is, for me to still be in the luteal phase, I'd have to have ovulated in the last two weeks, I've been testing and not had a positive, and I always get a strong positive... my cycles and tests are always very textbook. This is so out of character for my body.

Maybe you haven't ovulated yet. It's common for women to have a cycle where they don't ovulate every once in a while.

I agree, it sounds like you haven't ovulated (yet) dear. Nothing to be too worried about though. It could be an anovulatory cycle or it could still be happening later this month.

Good luck!

Where do you live? Once my doctor made me go get a blood test at the hospital because he didn't believe me that I wasn't pregnant - despite a negative urine test. I walked into the hospital and told the lady at the registration desk I wanted to have a blood pregnancy test done. I think i paid 20-30$ to have it done and i had results that same evening.

I agree, it sounds like you haven't ovulated (yet) dear. Nothing to be too worried about though. It could be an anovulatory cycle or it could still be happening later this month.

Good luck!

I'll keep an eye out for it.

It's very strange though, I've never had a cycle this long. I've had 10 cycles since they returned after having my baby, and they've all been 28-31 days.

Aww man. What a horrible situation. I've been there before, but mine was due to stress. One and only time that ever happened to me.

I hope you get an answer soon. It sucks when the doctors are not very helpful like that. Especially commenting on your weight like that. I'm overweight and the only time I get acid reflux is when I'm pregnant.

I hope things work out for you really soon!

Where do you live? Once my doctor made me go get a blood test at the hospital because he didn't believe me that I wasn't pregnant - despite a negative urine test. I walked into the hospital and told the lady at the registration desk I wanted to have a blood pregnancy test done. I think i paid 20-30$ to have it done and i had results that same evening.

I'm in the UK, I've just looked up and it costs about £100 for a private HCG blood test.

Gosh what a lot. I was in a similar situation too i eventually diagnosed with pcos but the first time i went in i was having a lot of pregnancy symptoms and pains. I managed to scare myself about ectopics after looking online and mentioned this to the dr. She sent me straight to hospital despite the neg/very very faint tests. They didnt find my problem that day but i did get a blood hcg test. So maybe approach it from a different angle next time u go back to the docs! I def see the line on your test, try some more? (Says the poas addict lol)

Well, the next instalment of "what the hell is going on with my body?"... I feel very, very sick this morning, like I have to keep my mouth shut and stay very still so I don't vomit. I've not done a test yet this morning. If I was pregnant I would be 6 weeks today, with both the boys HG kicked in at 6 weeks.

Here's today's test. Could be a line, could be an indent. Who knows.
https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t658/PorgesMummy/tests/FE908ED8-4AC6-4A70-8A4D-7A4F22D098CC_zpsag59z2e3.jpg

Here's yesterday's and today's OPKs. This morning is lighter but I know morning isn't optimum testing time.

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t658/PorgesMummy/tests/9D38A0A7-761A-4FB8-BFE7-7E31160E91A2_zpsjk3cuxuv.jpg

I have mild cramping, EWCM in bucketloads, tender nipples, horrendous mood swings and nursing aversion. LO just wants to have a boob out constantly to lay his head on, latch, move backwards while latched, pull off, slap... its driving me insane. I'm a very shouty mummy today 😢

Thank you 😊 I do too... it's not very visible IRL though. Could just be a really good picture of the indent haha 😊

I'll see if I can get another pic.

The OPKs btw are not today's like I said, they're yesterday's and the day before. Oops!

It really does look like the horrible indents that I used to get. It also sounds like you could be gearing up to o with all the ewcm. Very strange about your symptoms.

This is today's IC, I swear there's something shadowy but there always is on ICs!
https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t658/PorgesMummy/tests/5E5FC9CD-2CFC-4C4C-8990-05D125BE3ADE_zpsi9hghpvj.jpg

Here's different pics of today's FRER.

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t658/PorgesMummy/tests/4A15870E-117D-456B-9202-BDD47D5B5E60_zpsrw0dn2qh.jpg

https://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t658/PorgesMummy/tests/2BF8F554-B9F9-4012-8B04-11579E8DB378_zpsopybag7n.jpg

In real life it's SO hard to see, it could very well be my imagination.

It really does look like the horrible indents that I used to get. It also sounds like you could be gearing up to o with all the ewcm. Very strange about your symptoms.

That would be exciting 😊 I'm keeping a close watch on the OPKs. Although our donor has a poorly baby at the moment so might not be the best time for them!

I'm really sorry that this is happening to you. Must be majorly confusing for you :hugs: have you got an opk to take in early afternoon? It's just that for me I only get ewcm either at ovulation or just before af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->