oh my mother.

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by BunNtheOven, Nov 13, 2011.

1. BunNtheOven

BunNtheOven Mom Expecting # 2!

So.. my mom is insane to begin with- she's constantly in my business all the time.. for instance.. she actually didn't find out i was pregnant from me but she opened my mail and there was my OB ultrasound letter from the doc! Then she gets in my bills and stuff like that. I'm fine. STOP.

When she found out.. she didn't even call me .. noo.. she called everyone in my family.. THEN ME. :growlmad:

Then shes going on and going about how i should have a spare bedroom at my house for when she babysits. I didn't tell her no or yes that i needed to talk to him first about it. Then before i told her yes or no she calls me to say "i found a bed to put in that back spare room of yours." i don't go anywhere.. i plan on quitting my job anyways (he's the bread winner) and it's not like she lives desperately far away (20 minutes)

REALLY? I didn't even tell you yes and you bought a bed and telling me yours gonna put in my spare room in MY well actually fiances house?!?

I just have a feeling she's gonna be one of those grandmothers who are always up your ass and think their the mother. And i told my finance about it and he's like "I hope she realizes i have a mom too."

I feel like shes just MOVING IN. maybe this is my hormones.. but really.. i appreciate your trying to help but i dont want you here 247.

She calls me constantly wanting to know if i'm doing this and that..I have a feeling imma be at war with my mother.

anybody else with this problem or have had this problem?

2. BunNtheOven

BunNtheOven Mom Expecting # 2!

sorry meant to put this in a different forum haha. but feel free to reply!

3. cinnamum

cinnamum Mumof_6_PREG W#7

:rofl: now i am glad my mum isn't interested. :rofl:

4. Mom.to.Many

Mom.to.Many Well-Known Member

I am in a similar boat as you. My mom helps us out a bit financially here and there, so when she found out we were expecting she used it against me that we didn't make a ton of money and she was going to have to support us. Then we found out we were having twins and she wouldn't talk to me for a few days. (What was I supposed to do, give one of them away? I didn't have much of a choice in the matter).

Eventually she came around and started going to Dr's appointments with me and when she found out they were boys she got super excited. The joy was short lived since now she fights with me on EVERYTHING from how the nursery is decorated to what their names will be.

She will buy them a new outfit or something for the nursery and if I don't kiss her ass she holds it over my head that I wouldn't have half the stuff I have if it weren't for her. Unfortunantly, she does this with my 4 year old daughter as well. I think she has a hard time not being "the mom" anymore. She was a great mom when I was younger, but now that I have a family on my own she just cannot let go.

I can't say it will be easy to resolve the issue, especially if your mom is as overbearing and controlling as mine. Everytime I have to put my foot down, it results in days of her not talking to me or (my personal favorite) the look of total disappointment she gives like I have crushed her beyond all forgivness.

I hope all goes well with you and your mom, as I know I would not wish the hell I have to deal with on anyone. Good Luck!