Oh no I think the stretchies have finally got me!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Jem, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Jem

Jem Mummy of 2

I was looking at myself in the mirror a few days ago and looked at my hips and I could see faint red marks more at the back of me than the side of my hips, if you get what I mean? Anyway asked Tim and he thought they were marks from my jeans but I showed them to my mum today and she said "no they're faint stretchmarks, I had them in exactly the same place with you". If they don't get any worse then I think once they fade you won't see them but as I've still got potentially 4-6 weeks left I fear they're going to get worse!!!!! I knew I wouldn't escape them again, I was just too lucky last time!!!!! :dohh:x

2. cuddles314

cuddles314 Proud Mummy to Bobby

Oh no, it's gutting isn't it? I've been really lucky too, considering the size of my bumpy, and have only had some faint ones really. However over the past week or so they've become a bit pinker and more visible, but I'm hoping they won't get too much worse.......(reaches forthe Palmer's cream)
    xx

3. pookies24feb09

pookies24feb09 Sally - Evies mama <3

Youre lucky you only have them now lol... I've had mine since I was 12 weeks and now it looks like I've let a 2 year old loose on my tummy with a red pen! I'm refusing to let them attack my boobs! Palmers cocoa butter here we come!!!! Lol

4. Jem

Jem Mummy of 2

Oh yes the Palmer's Cream, that's what I've been using! Will be smothering myself in the stuff now!!! x

5. Roxie

Roxie Expecting #3

i didnt have any till i got to 33 weeks

but now my belly looks like a road map!!

xx

6. Jem

Jem Mummy of 2

Ahh bless you Roxie! x

7. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Pregnant with 2nd

I've not got any on my bump...yet *touches wood* but got a feeling they coming soon the rate I'm swelling up at!-mines are on my legs, at my knees! WTF! :cry:

8. vicwick

vicwick Expecting baba #2

I got my first one's on my hips last week, they're purple yak only got 3 little one's so hoping i don't get anymore :cry:

I've been wacking on teh palmers cream since day 1 and been using bio oil too. I have a scar on my belly off an op in December so want as little stretch marks as possible or i'll look like a road map

9. Becky

Becky Jacobs Mummy

I feel like stretch mark city over here all you girls that havent got any im looking after them for you dont worry!!

x

10. Leanne&Bump..x

Leanne&Bump..x Mam of Karl & a Pup x

I got some really wide ones right under my bump, looks like my skin has literally ripped, they just appeared over night...realli sore if jeans or anything rub on them :(

11. luvbunsazzle

luvbunsazzle Mummy to Rosie

Jem your so lucky, mine are awful!! GRRRRR

12. Jem

Jem Mummy of 2

Ahh bless you Sarah x

13. Hollys_Twinny

Hollys_Twinny Well-Known Member

I think i desreve the award 4 worst strechies sorry girls..!! was fine up till last week then my bump dropped..! now I am literally covered..! they are soooo sore and itchy..! midwife advised camomile lotion 2 stop the itching as its keeping me up all night :(wish my lazy LO would hurry the hell up lol..!

14. cosmotbear

cosmotbear Expecting number 2 :-)

ohh nooo! Mine are pretty bad too... on the bump and on the hips. They seemed to appear at about 25 weeks and have stayed the same really...(touching ALL wooden surfaces available).

15. MrsP

MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

Maybe you wont get anymore hon, you've not too long to go now and Ollie isn't going to grow too much more in size only in weight x x xx

16. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

I've got them from top to toe!!! I have them on my knees on my thighs on my bum on my hips under my bump and on my boobs!!! Ahh well....

17. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I've been got too. :cry: Just a couple of small marks under my bump to the left. I think I've been having a growth spurt the past few days so probably all been a bit fast. Slapping on the cocoa butter twice a day now in the hope to avert getting any more!

18. Sarah81

Sarah81 Well-Known Member

Luckily I haven't got any yet, which is surprising cos my bump looks and feels huge! Looks like I might not be completely out of the woods yet though! I'll be slathering on the cocoa butter like there's no tomorrow!

19. MummyJade

MummyJade Mum

I have them just on my bump around my belly button! I noticed i had 3 on the left side then a few days later i had loads and more on the right side! only 3 weeks left hopefully so i hope they dont add more!
    xx

20. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

They have got me tooo! On my thigh's and 'just' starting on the underside of my bump. :cry: x