Oh no... I've been drinking green top milk!

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
I've been guzzling green top milk for as long as I can remember and now after Reading my baby book it says to AVOID green top milk!!!

PANIC!!

What have a been doing to my little girl?!

Is it really bad that I've been drinking it thru out my pregnancy and I do drink lots of milk, I love it.

I'm really worried I've done something terrible
xx

Other than not having alot of fat in it what harm can it have done?? xxxx

I had no idea we are supposed to avoid green top milk...why???

Whats wrong with green top milk? I drink it too and my book says to stick to green or red anyway.

I wouldn't worry, i'm sure lots of us drink it!

never heard that b4 ! i drank green/red n blue milk think u can over panic u will be fine and ur LO x

I have no idea... Isn't green top semi skimmed? Surely that's better than full fat?
I know all milk in this country is pasturised, maybe that was written for another country?
Sounds pretty nuts to me... I'm sure you haven't done anything wrong!

Eh? ive never ever heard this. I drink gallons of milk, did so through 3 pregnancies and have 3 healthy children. I study childcare and have did part of a midwifery course and never ever read or been told not to drink milk green top or otherwise, in fact quite the opposite, the calcium is beneficial.

Never heard of any milk doing you any harm?

I drank mainly green/blue top milk whilst pregnant ( normally 2 sometimes 3 pints a day ) Never did my LO any harm..

Wouldnt worry hun xx

Says to avoid it as there is a risk of listeria or contamination with toxoplasma parasite.
I've never even heard of listeria?

It's in the Happy Birth Day book
xx

Says to avoid it as there is a risk of listeria or contamination with toxoplasma parasite.

xx

xx

As long as its pasterised milk there is no problem.

as long as it pasturised milk it is fine !

Do run by your MW but i am 99% sure this is the case

ive never heard that before, just to make sure its pasturised is all ive ever heard. ive been on semi skinned ever since ive been pregnant, have it everyday. im sure if there was a certain colour top milk we ladies should avoid our MW would have strongly pointed it out as milk is used so commonly on cereals, in warm drinks, as a cold drink etc and good for heartburn.

I have been drinking semi skimmed milk all through my pregnancy so far, as long as it's pasteurised and hasn't gone off then its fine and it's very healthy!:thumbup:

EEEK, I only drink the semi skimmed one from sainsburys but it is pastuerised though isnt it?

I hope so xx

If 'green top' means semi skimmed then its fine as all standard supermarket/shop bought milk is pasteurised anyway... not sure what the book is referring to but I doubt it means normal semi skimmed milk so dont worry :hugs: xx

Quote from my NHS baby book:

"Calcium is very important in pregnancy because it helps your baby's developing bones to harden. Try to include a pint of skimmed or semi skimmed milk per day into your diet..."

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->