Oh noes! The dreaded maternity nurse...

Lizzeh

Aurora <3
Reaction score
... is coming to inspect our den tomorrow morning! :laugh2:

What a crapload of work to do my entire housekeeping in one day after a weekend away. I've got tons of laundry to do, groceries, cleaning, well, everything, and most of all cleaning up after my husband. Apparently he's been hoarding a big cardboard box under our dining/computertable and put everyting that came his way the past month in there. Almost done sorting through all of it, whew. Amazing how he just piles everything in there, from his surgery tools to important documents, computerparts and candy. :haha:

Ah well, I'll get it finished, hopefully in time to bake DH a cake to celebrate his completing the theoretical part of medical school :D
Am such a good housewifey.

Poor you, we dont get inspected at all prior to birth, we have a mw visist a couple of times then a health visitor for another week or so xx

Oh my god! How do you have the energy to do all that followed by baking? I'm ready for a nap after doing the washing up! lol

Guess my weekend was relaxing enough that I have a lot of energy right now!
I do hope she's not actually going to count clothes or nappies, since I haven't got all my cloth nappies yet. ^^"

Nah... it's probably got something to do with the fact that my other activity for today would be studying Hebrew... not my favourite to say the least... :laugh2:

Thats all right, I was in London with friends, drove like a maniac home, got back exactly as the midwife arrived and then was annoyed that I hadn't had a chance to air the house and on entering with midwife in tow I realised our house rabbit had found a magazine and had ripped it to shreds dragging it ALL over the house.

As long as you don't live in a crack den with needles laying on the floor and naked spaced out men vomiting in plant pots, then I think the midwife can deal with mess!

I feel so sorry for you!

We don't have anyone visit our house before or after the birth, and stories like this make me glad! I would be worried that I didn't have the right baby supplies, or that my house was messy or something, but at least you will know if you have everything.

Good luck! :)

i can't believe they have to INSPECT your house and potentially count your clothes! what happens if you don't pass?

i'm glad we don't have that in the US. the hell if i'm going to let someone into my house to tell me if it's good enough for my baby! not to mention, "protected by glock" signs might put them off from entering my house at all! LOL

Hello, have just been reading the above thread with interest. So, do we all have to have our flats inspected if we are in the UK? And if so, what will they be looking for? I had never heard of this before! They don't expect us to have been buying stuff for the baby and things do they?! Oh, and if they visit, when do they visit?

Sorry for all the questions!

Ive never known anyone be inspected in the UK never heard of it at all. No ones asked to come see me or any of my friends with children. I know they visit after birth a few times which is fine.

I'm sure it's nothing too patronising, really. Maybe they'd give some advice if people really made a mess out of things... I guess it's also just to see where they're going to be working and what and who they get to work with.

oooh, that would make total sense for a home birth if they wanted to come and see beforehand! i totally didn't think about that! i was thinking along the lines of - "your house is or is not suitable for a baby" :dohh:

If you're having a home birth in the UK the midwife comes round to assess whether it's practical and advise you on what you need to do to prepare.
The routine home visits by midwifes offer an opportunity to assess whether you may need support from other agencies (i.e. if there were empty bottles and mess everywhere they would make the referral to get support for you) in severe cases (i.e. drug abusers) they may put the child on the child protection register before it's born. However these are extreme situations, they are not there to inspect your home, a little bit of mess isn't going to bother them! Although even knowing that didn't stop me cleaning the house from top to bottom!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->