Oh ow! The ACID!! i feel like it's going to burn through my throat!

Lilli

Reaction score
Oh, this is horrible! I've been getting a bit acidic after meals and mainly in the evening, but this morning it is burning! :wacko:
What can i do?
I'm at work, i've eaten a banana, had some chocolate milk, had a smoothie... i've raided my drawers and have no other food. It's pouring down outside so i cant go to the canteen... So i actually ate chocolate at 9am. :blush: Gross, i know. Just wanted to have something going down my throat to take the acid with it!
i keep sipping water but that only dulls it for a moment...
what can i do? run away from work and buy some gaviscon (or similar)? :shrug: Could always eat my lunch which is a pasty so the pastry should soak up some acid?! (i know, very unhealthy but i've already had chocolate for breakfast so sod it for today! :))I'm usually so organised and have cereal bars and rivitas. not today.
Got a nice big bottle of gaviscon sitting at home on the kitchen worktop... :growlmad:

Oh i feel for you hun!! Vile isn't it!
If you've tried milk and that hasn't worked defo go out and get yourself some gaviscon to have at work! Good luck!

have u tried warm water it seems to work for me sometimes. One thing to be aware of is that i went to buy gaviscon and they wouldn't sell it to me as I was pregnant i had to get in on prescription from DR. If i was u ring ur doc to get a prescription u dnt have to pay for it then xx

Bananas make mine worse! Also a pasty is likely to make it worse in the long run(it would me anyway)! All ive found to work is milk and remegel. Im getting fed up with it, it's not the baby that wakes me up at night it's the heartburn!! x

I carry the liquid gaviscon sachets in my handbag! you never know when you will need them! I got mine from boots and they served me ok I told them I was pregnant too!

I hate heartburn!

Drinking chocolate and fatty pastys will make it worse!

Go and get some Gaviscon or Zantac. Food wont soak up the acid and fruit can make it worse!

i got gaviscone fine as well and even asked if safe to take being pregnant! I have been suffering to x

Are you able to pop out and get some Tums? They have always worked for me, as they stop the acid refluxing back up my throad. Ice cream helped a bit too, but not sure whether you can get that at work! If I felt that bad, I'd ask my boss if I could quickly pop out to a pharmacy if there is one nearby.

Hope you feel better soon.

I get mainly acid reflux which goes up into my throat and burns so badly; if I bend over to pick something up, I have to do it sooo quickly otherwise I'll get a huge amount of acid spill up into my throat making it hard to breathe :(

So I totally feel for you, but unfortunately nothing works for me - apart from constantly sipping water but as you say, as soon as you stop drinking the acid comes back.

thanks ladies! i thought the banana would help because it's so dense and not acidic and i had the chocolate milk for the milk factor... I am avoiding the citrus fruit that i have with me :)
Cant really get away from work until lunch time so might make a tescos dash then.
Londonangel, i would LOVE it if ice cream helped... might have to experiment with that one later! Good luck for when you go into labour, cant wait until i'm at your stage :hugs:

Just to say...I always thought milk helped with heartburn but then I read either on this forum or somewhere else that it's about the worst thing you can drink :(

Apparently loveheart sweets help some people but I haven't tried them myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->