Oh pooh..... i was doing really well untill....

Mo_mo

Third tri!!!
Reaction score
... Ive started googling again :(
I had a chicken sarnie from Boots and now im convinced it has given me Listeria bacteria! (Im not sure how but it just has ok?!)
I also read that we pregnant folk arent supposed to eat deli meats unless they have been reheated....how the hell was I supposed to reaheat a chicken sandwich?????

Flip sake man... im off to live in a cave with no internet connection until ive popped out my baby.

Im sure youll be ok, Ive ate deli meats early on then I stopped to be safe. I still get rotiseri chicken from the deli tho that chicken in SOOO yummy now I want sum lol :)

Your as bad as me! I have nothing to eat now since all my goggling was done at the start and am even afraid to eat a mushroom,. i dont think they do harm i just cant for some reason eat things that could make you sick of poisin. I wont even eat chicken anymore. :( no meats really unless its cooked by me and propaly. Its a nightmare. Well better safe than sorry is my moto.

Hahah a mushroom.. I love mushrooms YUMMY!! I havnt had any in a while thanks I got somthing to add to my shopping list! :) I try to stay away from google now lol Damn search engine

Your as bad as me! I have nothing to eat now since all my goggling was done at the start and am even afraid to eat a mushroom,. i dont think they do harm i just cant for some reason eat things that could make you sick of poisin. I wont even eat chicken anymore. :( no meats really unless its cooked by me and propaly. Its a nightmare. Well better safe than sorry is my moto.

You want to know what my doctor told me? that I should just keep eating the way I was, minus unpasteurized foods and deep sea fish, as long as my diet was balanced. Its worked for me, thus far, LO is growing just like she should, and although I had a wicked 24 flu the other day, I'm doing great. Take from that what you will, but rest assured our mothers didn't even think about half the stuff that we worry about and we all seem to be fine...

I heard that about deli meat a few weeks ago, but I had never seen warnings anywhere "official", if you like, so I didn't let it worry me.

You should be very careful about re-heating meat though hun, I would never re-heat cooked chicken that has been allowed to cool, not before I was pregnant and certainly not now.

I think the worry is where cooked meat has been left out for long periods without proper hygiene procedures being observed. But supermarkets and packeted sandwich manufacturers have strict guidelines to follow so I really wouldn't stress about that one.

There is this street cart where I often buy my lunch and I was having ham sandwiches from them every day right through 1st tri, their hygiene procedures are probably none existent :rofl: but I never got ill.

i live off boots meals deals at work...i eat them everyday lol :s oops
well i think im ok anyway so dont worry babe xxxxxxxxxxx

Hahah a mushroom.. I love mushrooms YUMMY!! I havnt had any in a while thanks I got somthing to add to my shopping list! :) I try to stay away from google now lol Damn search engine

are mushrooms safe then?:blush: ahem:blush:They probably are I just have a fear of food poinsing lol

HAHAH!!! I dont think you can get food poisening from mushrooms :p Just gotta make sure you wash them good, I dunno about you but I like my mushrooms cooked I couldnt eat them raw lol

Wow... you lot are so good with your diets! I wouldn't worry about the chicken as I've accidently eaten brie in the last couple of months and me and LO are still here. :)

well i never heard of not being able to eat deli meats before? ive eaten quite a bit oops! Oh my, i'm also getting that fussy there isnt many things i will eat now, glad its not just me xx

If you're worried about deli meat, just don't eat at Subway - lol. That's based on cleanliness though. This listeria pandemic is getting out of hand!

I'm off to get me some pepperettes and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them!

Google is not your friend - never will be ...something to always remember ;)

I was a google addict the first 12wks of this pregnancy, took a while to wean myself off lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"