OH putting baby to bed...

jenny82

Reaction score
We normally take turns on who puts LO to bed, although tbh I probably do more during the week.

These past few weeks though, anytime I put LO to bed, hes grand, falls asleep no bother. However when OH does it, he screams and screams and it takes about an hour to get him back down again.

What can we do to fix this? He was never, ever bad before - it never really mattered who did it. Is he getting too clingy to me, do you think?

OH never puts the baby to bed so no advice I'm afraid! I have asked OH to do the bedtime routine but he always has some excuse. I am breastfeeding so I would step in to feed him but would be nice if OH would do the rest for a change. Also to get him used to someone else putting him to bed as I can imagine that he might not settle for OH now if I wasn't there.

River has gone through phases like this but after about a week she gets over it.

Omar is going through this phase recently. I dont knw why. DH takes about an hr to settle him, but it only takes me few mins, & I dont do much really, I just put him in his cot, talk to him a bit, give him his good night kiss, he smiles at me then turn his face frm side to side, I then lie on my bed & watch him until he settles himself.

see its the otherway round for me. hubby puts her to bed like a dream,it takes a while when i do it!! no idea why lol

This 4 month-ness is rather odd me thinks.

I asked hubby to put H down the other night and once she was upstairs she wailed.

She wailed the other day at my mum... made sad faces with my dad and neighbour and naps have been so short.

I think there's alot going on in those tiny heads just about now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->