OH Rant

paintrider89

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a terrible day. DD didn't sleep well that night and had a slight feaver, then I had my OB appt. There I was told I am GBS+ and will have to come in and labor to make sure I get the antibiotics. I was REALLY wanting to do as much of my labor at home as possible.

I also have a UTI still, and I am on my 2nd round of antibiotics, my first round gave me a yeast infection
Then all day DD, still wasnt feeling well and was clingy and needy and just a plain fuss butt.
When my mom got off work I asked her to take DD for a couple of hours so I could go oick up my medicine and have a little break. I practically begged DH to come home right after work and be with me, I NEEDED some time with him, a little emotional support and to talk about my terrible day.
He decided to stay and help his uncle work on his brothers car, as his brother is supposed to get out of prison soon and 'needs' his car running. BIL has been an issue with us before, from saying nasty things about me to other members of the family (I am not good enough for DH, I'm a fat cow, DH could do soooo much better, ect.) As well as constantly demanding money from us, and treating DH like crap when we don't send money. I don't feel like he deserves the time of day from us.
And tk be honest, I don't even have my own running car, mine was crashed back in August, and I have been driving my grandpas car around, until we can purchas me one ( have to wait until we get a home purchased, as we can't run up our credit)
Then I find out that one of the cousins offered to tow BIL vehicle to where he will be staying after he gets out of prison, but he declined, and told them that DH was going to fix it. This just pisses me off, he doesn't have to have a running car as soon as he is out, he should work on it himself. He hasn't been a productive member of society for 5 years, and expects to get out and have everything handed to him. I don't understand.

Tough one, I understand where you are coming. Family just can't choose them. No it's not much but didn't want to read & run. :hugs:

I'm sorry :( sounds like the guy is a total winner :wacko: I'd be upset too, what does your Dh think? I hope you're having a better day today, sounds like you've had quite the stressful time lately.

Thanks gals. I have been trying to have a better outlook, but today...

Turna out BIL is out of prison, and didn't call DH until yesterday. Today DH and I drove 30 min. To go and get him, then took him to the car parts store, and paid for the stuff to fix his car (honestly I can't believe I let it happen, but I am attempting to be civil) DH is determined to help BIL get on his feet.
They worked on the car all day, and when I asked DH to come get me and DD when he took BIL home so we could spend some time together and perhaps grab dinner on the way home. DH shows up, and informs me thag he is just running BIL home on his own, as BIL wants the front seat and was ready to be home.
My feelings are hurt. My mom was standing in the kitchen and heard what he said, and pipped in with a classic 'bros before hoe's' comment.
That is exactly how I feel, I was just ditched for BIL, and I am so hurt. DH did try and come back in and get me to go, but I was beyond pissed at that point, and DD and I stayed home.
DH is still gone, and I sit here with DD, feeling abandoned and alone again. BIL has been in prison mine and DH whole relationship, and I never would have thought our family would come 2nd to anyone, but now I am starting to wonder

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time :( just commenting to let you know I have felt similar ways at times with my OH! His brother isn't the best kind of person and has never done anything for OH - yet if BIL asks OH to meet up for drinks / dinner it's like he can't say no, even if I'm home pregnant and not happy about it! OH admits that he feels an overwhelming need to feel accepted or included by his older brother - he's 15 years older than OH so I think leftover feelings from when he was a kid and BIL was in his 20s and didn't have time for him. Maybe your OH might have similar feelings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->