oh shit she just ate them

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by kelly2903, Dec 16, 2009.

1. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

i went down stairs for like 2 mins lilly was in my bedroom said she wanted to go to bed so i told her to get in mine off i toddled and she shouts me "mum its n the floor"

i came back up and oh shit she had my folic acid..... its a child proof lid and yes it was on and locked and she had opened it and had loads chewed up in her mouth i scarped them all out but there was still bits in and asking her to swill with water was a bad idea cause she just swolled the little bits that was left in her mouth and i dont no how many she ate before ......

do you think she will be ok im thinking its just vitamins but could have a been a slight overdose :nope:

2. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Oh god hun, I know the exact feeling! :dohh:

I rang NHS 24/Direct straight away, and they can look it up on their system. Sounds like she didn't get much though, I'm sure it will be ok :hugs:

3. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

She will be fine, don't worry. Call NHS direct if you are worried :hugs:

4. kelly2903

im gonna go on there web.... im thinking because of what it is they may just ask me to monitor her..... she hasnt been sick and nothing else but it like just happened so maybe nowt will affect her yet oh shit im shaking now

5. kelly2903

right there was 90 in the bottle i started using that bottle 17 days ago becuse i had some left from before......... ive counted what is left and there is 52 in the bottle + the 7 days gives 69 pills... plus ive spat a few out when couldnt swollen so say 71 pill she had between 10-15 in her mouth i got the majority out so i would say she has prob eaten 5-8 pills..... my thinks she will be ok as long as we flush her system with lots of water whuch i am..... an ive asked her if she is ok she said yes she doesnt have belly ache or anything but may be too soon.... i think that could of been a close one..... my mum said i must not have put the lid back on properly becuase she wouldnt have been able to open it.... maybe i didnt but im sure i did..... i will be very careful next time

6. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

Iwould defo ring NHS direct just to put mind at ease they can do a toxicology (sp) test like RAFwife said x