Oh the clomid bloating....

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
I'm right in the middle of the clomid ovulation pain and bloat. It hurts to walk, I feel like my ovaries are huge! Anybody else experience this?

I'm right in the middle of the clomid ovulation pain and bloat. It hurts to walk, I feel like my ovaries are huge! Anybody else experience this?

I felt EXACTLY the same on my 1st cycle last month! The bloating, as far as I've experienced, doesn't go away if you start your period. Personally, I've gained 10lbs since being on it. And I totally felt like I had just had surgery on my abdomen for about a week. Hurt to initially sit, stand, walk, etc...You're not alone!:thumbup::hugs:

I am on CD 12 and am really quite miserable. I was in a lot of pain from CD 7-11 but things seem to be a bit easier today. I hope I O soon tto at least make it worth it.

I'm confused bc I thought I Od 2 nights ago, I had sharp left pains and ewcm, but my temp only went up a little. Now today I'm having sharp left pains and my temp went up a little more. I guess I'll see what tomorrow's temp is. This is actually my 5th clomid cycle but it's been 10 months since I've taken it and it seems especially painful. Do you guys get pain the day after O too? I'm wondering if that's what's going on. Hubbylover I gained 10 lbs on my iui cycle and then took a break and lost it, I'm hoping I don't gain this time! Krissie I see your hubby has low motility. Mine did too for 2 years. I had him on a vitamin regimen and we just got an awesome semen analysis, motility went from 15 to 64!! I'd be happy to share if you like

I actually have no clue as to when I ovulated...I had the soreness for a week and then it died down. I'm gonna guess between CD13 and 17. I don't do the OPK's...we just BD every other from CD 10-20.

I'm temping this month for the first time in over a year trying to pinpoint it. I O late and on clomid it was always day 16 or 18. I go for progesterone test Friday, and if it's low, due to late O, she will increase my dose. I really hope I don't need another dose at all though.

lanet I would love to know what you had dh on to have such amazing increases. My dh has agreed to another SA in March if this cycle fails. We both agreed a break and then iui if SA is still not there.

I'm temping this month for the first time in over a year trying to pinpoint it. I O late and on clomid it was always day 16 or 18. I go for progesterone test Friday, and if it's low, due to late O, she will increase my dose. I really hope I don't need another dose at all though.

I literally just got the call from my doctor's office about my levels that I had drawn this morning. "Right at the 40 mark" is what the chick on the phone said! Last cycle it was greater then 40...my lab cuts off at 40. So I at least know I DID O:happydance:! That's always good news! It would be even better news if I found out I didn't have to start another Clomid cycle...doubtful though...

That would be great Hubby Lover! A 40 progesterone? That's pretty high, my dr said anything over a 7 is good. Am I wrong? I had a 34 once and the dr thought I was preggo. What cycle day are you?

lanet I would love to know what you had dh on to have such amazing increases. My dh has agreed to another SA in March if this cycle fails. We both agreed a break and then iui if SA is still not there.

L-Carnitine 2000mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg
Zinc 50mg
N-Acetyl Cysteine 600mg
CoQ-10 60mg
Flaxseed 1000mg
Vit C 500mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Multivitamin

I ordered these from puritans pride because they have lots of bogo discounts. I know it seems like a lot (and it is) but another girl I know got pregnant this way. Just have him stick with it for a few months.

I have had him on most of those. I will add the others. He will be so excited.. lol. Thanks!

That would be great Hubby Lover! A 40 progesterone? That's pretty high, my dr said anything over a 7 is good. Am I wrong? I had a 34 once and the dr thought I was preggo. What cycle day are you?

I'm on CD 23. Last cycle my number just said "greater than 40" and my doc was surprised and thrilled that the clomid affected me so well. HE said he considers anything 13 or over and "good" ovulation. I've read a lot of differing opinions from other BnB member's Docs. I think it just depends on the doctor and I also think it depends on what your fertility issue is. After I turned 29, I stopped O'ing on my own...didn't know it though. I had my lap surgery to clear up Endometriosis, so he wanted us to try for an additional 3 months to see if clearing it up would take care of it, but unfortunately that wasn't my only issue.

Oh ok! I thought you meant it had to be 40 to be considered ovulation lol! I'm really curious to find out what mine will be since I'm having it drawn on day 20 and I think I ovulated on day 16 or 17.... It's not going to be very accurate. How did you find out you had endometriosis? Did you have symptoms? And were you having normal periods when you stopped ovulating?

Oh ok! I thought you meant it had to be 40 to be considered ovulation lol! I'm really curious to find out what mine will be since I'm having it drawn on day 20 and I think I ovulated on day 16 or 17.... It's not going to be very accurate. How did you find out you had endometriosis? Did you have symptoms? And were you having normal periods when you stopped ovulating?

I had regular set your clock 28 day cycles until I hit 29. It started as real random irregularity then by 30, i had a 5 day gap as to when I MIGHT start. They went from 28 days to anywhere between 21 and 26 days. No pattern what so ever.

As for the Endo, I was sick...and I mean SICK...for 8 months before my OB found it. No fault of his own...I hadn't been to the OB since my last daughter in 2007...no insurance. I was extremely nauseous, extremely fatigued, NO appetite, cramping all through my cycles, nauseous after intercourse and especially after an orgasm, pain and severe bloating...those were my main symptoms. After talking with my older sister, she remembered feeling the same way when hers flared up. She has it BAD though. Then my mom told me that she had her hysterectomy at 32 (my age) due to a massive fibroid tumor. So after talking with them, I requested to get sent to my current OB and he immediately knew and did the surgery the next week. There's really no for sure way to know unless you do surgery. I felt GREAT for about a month. He said it grows back a little every cycle and has already said a full hysterectomy is in my future. I didn't have it too bad and had TONS of symptoms. My sister has it horribly and doesn't have any symptoms. The symptoms she remembered were from when she first got it as a teenager...Man this is long! lol sorry!

I took one round of clomid to conceive my son and the only real side effects I felt were bloating on o day and a similar feeling day of implantation. Just like I was very aware of my insides when I walked!
I've just started clomid again and we are hoping for number 2!

I had regular set your clock 28 day cycles until I hit 29. It started as real random irregularity then by 30, i had a 5 day gap as to when I MIGHT start. They went from 28 days to anywhere between 21 and 26 days. No pattern what so ever.

As for the Endo, I was sick...and I mean SICK...for 8 months before my OB found it. No fault of his own...I hadn't been to the OB since my last daughter in 2007...no insurance. I was extremely nauseous, extremely fatigued, NO appetite, cramping all through my cycles, nauseous after intercourse and especially after an orgasm, pain and severe bloating...those were my main symptoms. After talking with my older sister, she remembered feeling the same way when hers flared up. She has it BAD though. Then my mom told me that she had her hysterectomy at 32 (my age) due to a massive fibroid tumor. So after talking with them, I requested to get sent to my current OB and he immediately knew and did the surgery the next week. There's really no for sure way to know unless you do surgery. I felt GREAT for about a month. He said it grows back a little every cycle and has already said a full hysterectomy is in my future. I didn't have it too bad and had TONS of symptoms. My sister has it horribly and doesn't have any symptoms. The symptoms she remembered were from when she first got it as a teenager...Man this is long! lol sorry!

Wow, that sounds terrible. I'm glad they got it cleared out and that you feel better. As for the no ovulation, I also suddenly got really irregular, I would O anywhere from day 19-29! I did confirm O by temping though. So the dr always said it was fine. My new dr says it's not fine bc it only gives me 7 or so chances a year.
I'm Still having a stabbing pain in my left ovary and I hope it's not a cyst...

I took one round of clomid to conceive my son and the only real side effects I felt were bloating on o day and a similar feeling day of implantation. Just like I was very aware of my insides when I walked!
I've just started clomid again and we are hoping for number 2!

Good luck! Hopefully it works quickly again for you!

Oh and re progesterone numbers...
With my son I oved so cd21 and had my bloods done cd22 and it was 7.1, doc said "either it was weak ovulation not valid to sustain a viable pregnancy OR you ovulated late and we've just caught it on its way up to a decent number" so I had it done again 7 days later and it was 36, just 3 days after that I got my BFP.

That's amazing! I can't wait to see my progesterone results tomorrow, although I'm sure I'll have to wait the weekend to find out. FF puts me at 3 dpo today so I'm not sure how good the number will be. I hope fr a bfp soon after as well. I really feel good about things, even if not this month, I feel like we have some things figure out and it will happen soon. It will be 3 years this Christmas and all I want for Christmas is a bfp!

Yeah u want to see over 15 but other than that the number can't tell u too much, I've seen women who's cd21 progesterone was 80-90 and not conceive that cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->