"Oh the dignity of it all"

madcatwoman

Reaction score
Ive just come back from tescos after my husbands advice last night -to buy an OPK!.

So im at the till, the woman scans and peels off the security bar on my OPKs, then does the same for a pregnancy test i bought, only she cant peel the bar off this one as her nails were broken.

All of a sudden she sees her collegue the other side of the shop, picks my pregnancy test up and starts waving it in the air infront of everyone shouting ..."Sue,...Sue....can you get the bar off this?...sue...sue*carries on waving Pg test* " Most of tescos now knows what im up to!!

I do have a question about the OPK,theres a testing chart on the instructions saying how many days ahead after AF you should test-depending on how long your cycle is. If your cycle varies (which mine might)what CD do most of you start testing on??

lol oh no u poor woman .......i wudve been like " can u please put the preg test down!!"
good luck
well are ur cycles short or long generally?

I start testing from CD11 until I get a +

I just stood there getting red in the face!

Well, im not sure, i had my withdrawl bleed from the BCP last month, and have just started a true AF yesterday, that cycle was 31 days. Im just wondering if the next few cycles might differ now my body is/has sorted its self out?

maybe start testing from cd10 onwards ...........if you have enough tests hun .......and yes every day till it goes +
or twice a day when u see them getting even darker so not to miss ur surge :)

Lol that is embarrassing!

I used to buy my HPTs at the pharmacy on my street, but the pharmacist start to wink wink :winkwink: I thought it was inappropriate, and felt like she could gossip about me trying to other neighbours and changed pharmacy. I now go to one a few blocks away. The new pharmacist is a sweetheart, and she didn't comment anything.

lol i know i was getting a bit like that ........changed chemisits a few times lol, this cycle got them from the net.........plus saved me a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have to buy my folic acid from pharmacy, so I had to ask DH to get them while he was on a business trip, overseas. He bought in bulk lol! And yes this time I got my tests from the bay!

I was gona buy them from ebay, but my husband said to buy them from tescos, he thinks the cheapo ones are no good. I have 7 in this kit from tesco, i could see you would easily get through more than this though.

Thanks for the advice:thumbup:

I used to buy my HPTs at the pharmacy on my street, but the pharmacist start to wink wink :winkwink: I thought it was inappropriate, and felt like she could gossip about me trying to other neighbours and changed pharmacy. I now go to one a few blocks away. The new pharmacist is a sweetheart, and she didn't comment anything.

winkwink?!?!?!?! that's outrageous!!!!!

winkwink?!?!?!?! that's outrageous!!!!!
jesus, i think i'll end up buying on the net in future:nope::dohh:

Who knows, pharmacists make fortunes out of us, with all the TTC aids, and then the baby things (formula, bottles, wipes, special shampoos, etc) and she was seeing me as a walking open wallet... IDK. It was very inappropriate that's what I know.

I know exactly how you feel!

Even though i'm 24 i still look very young for my age

I was buying pg test from my local chemist and she just looked me up and down and said 'you should be more careful in future!!'

was so shocked i didnt even correct her

I know exactly how you feel!

Even though i'm 24 i still look very young for my age

I was buying pg test from my local chemist and she just looked me up and down and said 'you should be more careful in future!!'

was so shocked i didnt even correct her

thats really naughty,she shouldnt have said that to you,even if you were younger than you were im sure you would have known to be more careful with out having a pharmacist say that!

oh no how embarrassing! My OH and I went to tescos to pick up a few things. We got a young lad on the check out who commented on everything we brought...when it came to the condoms he just winked and grinned and said "lucky night". Next time I shall buy a cucumber, condoms and KY. I'm hoping that will shut him up.

oh no how embarrassing! My OH and I went to tescos to pick up a few things. We got a young lad on the check out who commented on everything we brought...when it came to the condoms he just winked and grinned and said "lucky night". Next time I shall buy a cucumber, condoms and KY. I'm hoping that will shut him up.
hahahaha!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"