OH told someone

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
I think I acted a bit over the top.

He told me last night he mentioned the fact I'm pregnant to someone at work, I was shocked because of our loss I wanted to wait to tell anyone for as long as possible plus I liked the fact it was our little special secret.

I hate the fact a person I don't even know was the first to find out.

I couldn't stop crying about it last night, maybe I was a bit of a b***h to OH but I couldn't help it.

Also I told someone last time at 10 weeks & I didn't realize baby had already stopped, i told OH what a big mistake it was, I don't want history to repeat itself.

:(

When I had my loss in June, DH and I had JUST agreed to not tell anyone. We walked into his workplace, and he told the second person he saw. I about killed him. We lost the baby the next day.

I would be really upset if DH told someone this time, after we agreed to wait. I told a couple people, but only after talking about it with him first.

I'm with you on this one. I would totally go ballistic on him if he told someone at work. We haven't even told our parents. In fact, the only person that knows is his brother. It makes me a bit uneasy but we both agreed to share with him because he had recently some scary health news. Others will have to wait till 12 weeks at the very least.

I understand. It's very scary but especially after losing a baby. I am scared of "jinxing" myself about talking about baby and my pregnancy with myself or others.. even on here!! I'm on edge on sharing this time because after so many late losses our close friends and family tense immediately and I can see the fear and pain on their faces. I however don't see the point in waiting to share for the fact of "safe zone" as I see many do. There is no safe zone in pregnancy or life. Sometimes I think I feel this way is because our first loss was our stillbirth son. But also, after losing two, we got pregnant again and I hid it. Only my mom and best friend knew, not even my husband. I miscarried a few days after testing positive but it hit so hard because I had no support and no one understood.. I mean understandably, they didn't know and they didn't have any connection. As for this person being a stranger and no one else knowing, yes I probably would have felt the same. <3

I'm glad you ladies would feel the same.

Sorry for your losses radiance, I am a person who would actually rather deal with things on my own with OH & carry on as normal with everyone else. I prefer to grieve in private.

But I can totally understand people wanting family & friends close to them for support. Xx

My OH has told a couple of work people. When we went through the miscarriage it was hard on us both but I had told my mum when I got my positive test so I had her support. OH didn't have that and I think he found it very difficult. He told a couple of people after the miscarriage but I think it would have helped someone else knowing during the weeks of uncertainty when he was trying to be strong for me and LO. Obviously everyone deals with these things differently but realistically someone else knowing about the pregnancy won't have any effect on the pregnancy itself. Maybe he should have spoken to you about it first though.

I think after you've had a loss it's hard to tell anybody. I had a line manager at work (who I had to tell) tell another member of staff when I was only 11 weeks. It was before my oh had even told his family, I was so angry. I think you definitely should decide together when to tell people

It's hard I know - I told my mum at 8 weeks and then had a MMC - OH said at the time I was jinxing it and it ate me up afterwards.

Then with this one I had an SCH, needed an early scan and the unit called me while I was with my Dad. As soon as I hung up he said "Look I heard them say it's the early pregnancy unit, are you ok?" I then told my Mum as well basically because I thought I was miscarrying again there was so much blood... This baby stuck.

So there is no jinxing - it probably just fell out (It did a couple of times for me with DD). He will know he shouldn't have done it, so yes he should apologise but don't make his life miserable... we're all only human!! xx

Thank you ladies :flower:

I have forgiven him he understands why I was upset & he said he's really excited about the baby& it just slipped out. I am so happy he's ready now as he has admitted he didn't feel 100% happy last time.

So its not quite how I wanted it but have to get over it & just be happy :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"