OH wants me to start feeding the LO but i don't want to...am i right?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Lastnight me and LO's daddy were having a chat and i was telling him how his family were asking me if i have started feeding him yet, when i said no they told me nicely that i should...even though i won't:)...When my LO finishes his bottles he winges for about 10seconds...i know that my bubs is a sucky baby and thats what he does but my OH yesterday told me he felt sorry for my bubs because im depriving him of food and when i confronted him and told him that he doesnt even cry he just wants to suck he told me ''yeah he doesnt bother crying anymore because he knows he won't get anywhere''...that really broke my heart...for a min i doubted my motherly instincts...because of my OH and his family pressurising me i ended up stopping breast feeding as they gave me no support whatsoever so i thought im not going to give up this time!...i have nothing against feeding him now but when its not yet necessary why should i...i mean my OH is from Africa and from what i can see they start feeding their babies at 3months...i even told him yesterday that im not willing to listen to the family because thats not what i know...am i right saying all this?

you are entirely right if that is what you think is right for your baby,...is there any way of sitting down and explaining to your oh about how you think and feel about this, then maybe he can do the same...i am always too quick to make the decisions for tommy on my own as in "hes my baby i know best" but then oh reminds me that hes his dad and he should have some input...annoying but true i suppose lol

h x

Hang in there mama :) You carried that baby, you gave birth, you get the final say - especially when it's erring on the side of caution! :))

Yeah as the girls said , you carried that baby and brought it into this world you have the final say ..dont let anyone pressure you into feeding baby if hes not ready

You can also do what i did when max was 2 months MIL sai to feed him rice ,..she annoyed me so much I never did but I did tell her " I tried but he got really really sicky" and she left me alone form then on lol

i agree with the other girls, follow your instincts :hugs: maybe you could sit down and talk to your OH and explain how you feel and why, but i would do what you think is best honey :hugs:

You are totally right! I can't believe he's trying to make you feel guilty about it - you know what's best for him so don't let anyone pressure you into feeding him before you want to :hugs: x

i understand you because im sometimes in the same situation, OH has been here for almost his entire life and his parents are from Africa!

I had bare problems when i used to stay at their house back 1mnth ago! They were forcing me to call my LO the name they want him to be called! Even now they bit of a bully, and i get irritated when they behave this way and due to the fact that i can`t tell them off i just end up having arguments with my OH!

But you know just talk to your OH about it, tell him that its time to focus on your family you just made not about others, what they say or not.
Just wean when your baby feels ready huni not what others say. And you are certainly not wrong at all behaving this way, i would be too!

Big :hugs: xxx

:hugs: Love you guys...thankyou...i was really upset about it...when i tried discussing it with him he just told me to leave it...id never hurt my baby and starve him...he really has a way of making me feel like a shitty mother at times...thanks again guys xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->