OH wants to give baby his mothers name.

sweetpea101

Reaction score
We liked the name Ava and OH wanted her middle name to be his mothers name which is Meda, but I don't think they go together. So now he is suggesting her name to be Meda Ava Mcqueen, What do you guys think? Please be honest. I don't mind the name Meda as I think its unusual.

I would not combine the names. They don't go together!

Meda is lovely
Ava is lovely

I'd find a way to use the Meda name and combine it with something else.

I agree that the names are lovely but together they don't sound right.

Is there another option?

They are both lovely names but I think using them together loses the impact of the names as it is the letter a leading into the letter a, and the other way round somehow doesn't seem to flow. Although I haven't said it out loud so I can't say for sure (I might sound a bit odd muttering to myself in the office) x

Both Meda and Ava are lovely names but I agree they don't sound right together. If it were me I would go with Meda as the first name and find another middle name, maybe save Ava incase you have another daughter? Tricky one as both are lovely names!

That's what I was saying to him, that they didn't go together with them both ending with 'A'. Thanks Girls XX

Has anyone got any suggestions for names that would go with Meda, surname will be McQueen. im struggling lol. Im thinking maybe a longer name.

Meda (is it Made ah or meedah)

Meda Claire McQueen
Meda Rose McQueen
Meda Heidi McQueen
Meda Iris McQueen
Meda Elise McQueen
Meda Olivia McQueen
Meda Renee McQueen
Meda Nicole McQueen
Meda Lillian McQueen
Meda Whitman McQueen (or another strong family surname)
Meda Florence McQueen
Meda Avaline McQueen
Meda Emily McQueen
Meda Ruby McQueen

Meda Sofia McQueen????
Meda Caitlyn McQueen????
Meda Jennifer McQueen????

Not really sure about any though. Lol.

Best of luck. X

Just saw you posted longer....

Meda Annaliese
Meda Catherine
Meda Beatrice
Meda Seraphine
Meda Elizabeth
Meda Abigail
Meda Genavive
Meda Vivian
Meda Evangiline
Meda

Meda (is it Made ah or meedah)

Meda Claire McQueen
Meda Rose McQueen
Meda Heidi McQueen
Meda Iris McQueen
Meda Elise McQueen
Meda Olivia McQueen
Meda Renee McQueen
Meda Nicole McQueen
Meda Lillian McQueen
Meda Whitman McQueen (or another strong family surname)
Meda Florence McQueen
Meda Avaline McQueen
Meda Emily McQueen
Meda Ruby McQueen

Thank you. Its Meedah

In that case I like Meda Vivianne McQueen

If j was having a girl I might steal your name ;)

I like Meda and Ava separately as well. I'd go with a 2-1-2 or a 2-3-2 syllable name personally. They usually flow much better. Is there any other women that are important to you that have lovely first or middle names that can either be broken apart (I.E. Grandmothers middle name is Je-anne and use just Anne and so forth) or used as a whole?

We are naming our boy William as that is daddy's real first name (uses it as a middle name) and Alexander for a middle name which is similar to my little sister's middle name of Alexandria.

Meda Grace would be my suggestion, but I agree having a 2-1-2 or 2-3-2 syllable name flows well.

i would just go with what you want and dont worry about the sound. how many times do we actually use our middle names! our baby girl is going to have my mums name as her middle name so its going to be Sophia Christine, we decided that middle names are very rarely used so its not an issue

Meda Alivia ? Keeps the A, but kinda flows better. Its like olivia, but with an A.. lol. Go with something you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->