OH's freaking out?

21Rach

Mum & TTC
Reaction score
Anyone's OH acting like a complete child closer that it gets to due date? Feels like i have got a son LOL :dohh:

Am i the only one?

x

What's he up to hun? Mine is the same!

He rolled in from his Christmas do on Friday day/night 3 hours later than he'd said he would be and had switched his phone on silent, so when I rang him at about 3 in the morning after getting up to the loo and he didn't answer I started to worry that something had happened. He didn't think it was a problem until I said what if I'd been in labour and needed to ring him?! Then he realised how stupid he'd been and why I was so worried! Not looking forward to xmas as I know he'll sulk about not being able to drink as much as he normally does in case he needs to drive me to the hosp. Tough! I've not had a drink for nearly 10 months!!! GRRRRRR!

The whole freak out, not doing it by halves literally everything bar cheating. bit of a nightmare! lol come on girls must be someone apart from me x

Oh no! That's rubbish, have you tried asking his mates to have a word with him?

mine does it by doing overtime every night lol!! x

I don't wanna moan about him, i would go on for ages, n i'll end up crying lol soz :( sounds like everyone else must have gd OH's u lucky ladies lol :p x

I don't wanna moan about him, i would go on for ages, n i'll end up crying lol soz :( sounds like everyone else must have gd OH's u lucky ladies lol :p x

Might help if you get it out though hun :hugs:

Whatever he's doing, if it's upsetting you you need to address it with him.

awwww sweetie! my hubby is acting spoilt like a kid.. i said to him he has to start making his own lunches for work and he had a wah and said but he cant make them like i can! lmao! so if thats what you mean yes my hubby is being more childlike! lol take it with a grain of salt! its going to be hard on the hubbys when baby comes as they wont come frst.. baby and you will! everything will fall into place!
xoxo

We all know men are like kids and tbh i think we all mother them to some extent whether we mean to or not. I think that with the impending arrival of a real kid its kinda scares them abit. It means they have to rely on theirselves more instead of us and they need to learn to accept that baby is always gonna be number 1!!

Men hate change and having responsibilty scares the hell out of them in my opinion. We have 9 months of getting used to bump and feeling our lil one inside us and building the bond for life where as they have a pregnant girlfriend/wife who they no longer understand (if they did ever??) Its normal for men to panic but its better they do it before baby comes along than when baby is here and you need him more than ever!!

If they wanna have a lil tantrum leave them too it... they will grow out of it!!!! :rofl:

Sounds awful honey. I think we've read a lot on these boards about OHs doing all sorts (including the cheating thing!) leading up to the birth. Stories of them getting drunk and high and not being responsible etc.

I think most OHs do this to some extent and its just a case of making a grown man realise that he's being unreasonable and acting like a spoilt child. Once this fact is pushed through, they'll either come to their senses to a degree, or agree to come to their senses once the baby is here or they'll continue to live in denial of their unreasonable behaviour. However, if your OH is usually great but has turned a bit loopy it's probably just one of the first two. :hugs:

I think its a mixture of fear and all sorts. You just have to remind him that you love him and that you've got all these emotions too and that he needs to face up to the scary fact that he's about to be a dad and take it like a man. In obviously the best way you can, which is difficult if you're pregnant and your hormones are doing all the talking. :nope:

Best of luck though. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mines just insisting that as soon as I feel ANYTHING i have to call him...LOL as soon as I notice anything I will not be calling him out of work if its during the day it could be days before the baby arrives and he'd do my nut in!

I know he's excited and wants to know when things are happening but he's so insistent!

totally agree with u redpoppy! yup yup exactly what she said! :)

it's not letting me thank other people for the comments they have put except for sera's. jus wanna say thanks for your replies girls xxxx

:hugs:

I must admit that I have been VERY lucky - am so proud of my OH :thumbup:

Is there a mutual friend that you can talk to about your OH's behaviour? It really isn't on? I can understand why some of them do it (jealousy, stress etc), but a pregnant woman needs ALL the support she can get (so the OH adding to her problems is not on... :nope: ).

A phrase used by the blokes at our NCT classes seems very apt: even if they get scared or stressed, they just need to "man up", handle it and support their partner.

Sounds like your OH needs someone they respect (friend/brother etc) to tell them to pull their finger out and behave like a man...

QT

We went round to see my Dad and sister tonight and he just sat and sulked and looked bored for three hours. It was very embarrassing, I had to sit and pretend he wasn't there because I wanted to scream at him for being so rude.

my OH is annoying me to be fair, now hes started this super busy social life thing all of a sudden, what the hell!! its annoying me loads! he can think again if he thinks hes gonna b out all the time when lilly arrives!
Although hes also becoming a lot more patient with me (finally!) lol and becoming a tad more romantic so i have to give him some credit lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->