OHSS vs Normal Egg Collection Recovery

Chickensoup85

LTTTC with azoospermia
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Yesterday was my egg collection and I have a quick question about recovery. This is actually my third time but this time they got 12 eggs, rather than 6 or 7. That, coupled with my high levels of estrogen, have put me at risk of OHSS.

My question is, what is a normal level of pain and bloating for EC recovery and what's the onset of OHSS?

Yesterday, I couldn't walk or stand up straight as I was in so much pain. Today the pain is much less and feels more like trapped wind and pressure. I am also pretty bloated but can't remember if that's normal?!

If they hadn't mentioned OHSS, I wouldn't think twice about the pain or bloating but now I'm worried they'll end up cancelling our transfer and our embryos have never been good enough to freeze.

Thanks!

They got 11 when we did ours. My estrogen wasn't abnormally high and I still felt exactly as you described. Always call if you're worried, but I'd say what you're experiencing is normal (at least in my experience) :flower:

I had ohss with my first IVF...I completely agree it's hard to know the differences. Sadly I found out the hard way as I ended up being hospitalised with severe OHSS. I was bloated to the point whereby I look 4-5 months pregnant. I was trying to tell myself I was okay but I was being sick a lot and then not able to keep any liquids down, including ice lollies. If you are concerned, ring and check. I was in hospital for days following my admission and trying to fight it when in fact I just needed medical help. I was actually relieved when they couldn't do the transfer that month as I honestly felt like death and didn't feel that I would be able to face it.

Wishing you all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->