Ohss

dreamofabean

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just had my second scan whilst stimming for Icsi. I have 22 large follies and 9 small ones and there is already fluid in abdo cavity. Theyve started me on meds for ohss.
Are there any ladies out there that have been through this and offer any advice or words of wisdom?
I'm terrified :( x

Oh no love I'm sorry to hear that, not what you need! I don't know anything and have been told this morning I'm not likely to have it myself even tho I feel horrible.

But you need to drink oodles of water and also isotonic drinks. Eat lots of protein. I've also read that eating salty food is good because it encourages the fluid to go back where it belongs.

Did they give you any other advice? Hopefully the meds will do their job too.

X

Thanks lovely :)
I'm drinking heaps of fluid and started the medication now. Awaiting results from e2 bloods to tell us more. Hadn't heard about isotonic drinks, will get dh to buy me some. Are you still feeling really rough? Xx

I think isotonic drinks just rehydrate you faster than normal water - looking on the internet you can make some DIY versions with squash and sugar but we just bought lucozade stuff, probably a total rip off!

I still feel wrong, have been in bed all day whereas yesterday I was up and about and left the house for a little walk. I called the clinic earlier just to tell them how bad I still am - they said it's unusual but not unheard of.. but I still don't sound at risk of OHSS apparently (I'm ok peeing and normal breathing which seem to be the first things they check).

She did say some of it could be down to the progesterone suppositories giving me cramps etc. but I deffo have ovary pain too, especially on the right-hand side which had the most and biggest follies.

How are you doing? Do you have symptoms or did they just think it was your hormone level that indicated it? Hope you are doing okay. Any news on EC, will it still be Monday?

X

Im ok generally apart from feeling dizzy and just not right. They are going by the fluid in abdo cavity and saying it indicates ohss, along with number of follies. They called and said estradiol was 3516 which is high but ok so I am to carry on with sane level of stims x

sorry to hear about the ohss. hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Thanks ineedaseed!
I'm off stims now until as have ec Monday so hopefully e2 level might drop! I'm feeling ok apart from the dizziness! Very woozy all the time! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->