ok braxton hicks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Anna1982, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Anna1982

Anna1982 mummy of 4

what do they feel like

Im getting period like pains, obviously not contractions I know hat they feel like lol

thanks anna

2. britt1986

britt1986 Well-Known Member

I do know that braxton hicks should not be painful. I get them every now and then. Your uterus should painlessly harden for about 30 seconds and then go away. I don't think period pains are associated with braxton hicks, but I may be wrong.

3. GersPrincess

GersPrincess Mummy of 3, soon to be 4!

I get period pains often with the bump tightening, or sometimes just on their own, annoyingly! I'd half expected it to be because of a urine infection, but its come back clear twice this week, so not that... my GP's answer was similar to that of getting them in 1st tri, just that its the uterus stretching the muscles, but this time ready for labour.

4. Kim T

Kim T Well-Known Member

I dont find BH's to be painful.. I kind of like them in a weird way! My whole bump just goes tight. I did have period type cramps at around 26-27 weeks though and my midwife put it down to ligament pain (or something like that :shrug:) as when i led down and rested they went away..

5. lexy604

lexy604 Sleeps through the night!

My stomach gets insanely tight and hard and its super uncomfortable but no pain

6. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

Like everyone says, my BH are not painful, but I also have the 'period' type pains and I just think it must be stretching pain as it comes and goes.

7. jem_5500

jem_5500 Well-Known Member

mw on thursday said to me prob nothing and take paracetamol mine were coming every half hour as could be early labour but then they stopped and all was fine. I wonder if baby was lying awkwardly?!!

8. bex2602

bex2602 Well-Known Member

I have yet to feel any so no advice hun just hope you feel better soon!x