Ok I really want a bath...

tink23

Proud Single Mum to Eli
Reaction score
but have been having period pains last night and the night before. Also having quite uncomfortable twinges v.down low in my cervix and the occasional bout of backache. I also feel restless and unable to settle...

I think I could be in slow/early labour so don't want to do anything to slow it down even more but I really look forward to my baths and was going to have one now..

I would like this baby to come soon, do you ladies think I should avoid the bath or go for it?? :hugs:

I would have a bath... i dont think it slows labour i think it just eases the pain. xx

bath?! i'd imagine it would slow things down, as warm water relaxes muscles.

i'd be going for a walk, or a RUN if i were you, LOL :haha:

noooo to the bath hun however lush it may sound.... i love baths but if you are in early stages of labour it can slow and also stop things..... showers are ok ( short ones) as you standing and gravity is still working.... follow this by a brisk walk....

When I have had cramps etc my sister (who has had 2) tells me to have a bath and then a bit of a lay down on the bed and see if the pains stop or not. If they don't it is probably the onset of labour. Unfortunately they always stop for me lol

Do what ever you like to ease the pain - I dont know if baths do slow things down and if they did it would only be slightly, People give birth in birthing pools/baths.

Nice relaxing baths are good because they'll release more oxytocin. Walking around, though it sounds good and reasonable as you're letting gravity help, can actually be counter productive because you're getting your adrenaline rising.

I would take a nice long bath get really relaxed and then DTD if you're able. :thumbup: Also get your OH to give you nice relaxing foot rub after to keep that oxytocin flowing :)

If a bath is what you fancy, have a bath, it will relax you and when baby is here, you might regret not having a nice relaxing bath while you had the chance!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"