Ok.... Minor Panicking going on....

Buffy71

Mummy to Harriet!
Reaction score
My little one has decided to have a very relaxed couple of days without moving much. I know I should take my own advice, and not worry :wacko: - she's probably facing the wrong way and booting the hell out of my back so I cant feel it, etc, etc - but I'm having a little panic nonetheless.:blush:

:shrug: Where are you little one!!

Hi Buffy,
I am no expert but try not to worry, I know easier said than done :blush:

I am saying it because I was worried myself that I had not heard my baby boy move much but when I had my scan last wekk I saw that he was moving but I couldn't really feel him and it was because of the way he was laying. Basically he had his feet in the air and kicking upwards which it would explain why :wacko: I guess that's the position he prefers :blush:

I am saying this but I have bouth a doppler as I was too worried :haha:

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

im sure little one is fine and booting u just can not feel try some ice cold water and relax listening to some music im sure she will wake up , my little one has a quite days mostly at weekends xxx

*hugs*

Try not to worry. Try to lay down and relax. Drink something sweet like OJ (but not soured OJ LOL.)

I was in the same boat this morning and was soooooooo worried!

Then LO started moving again this aft so I breathed a sigh of relief. They are so tiny and hide in all sorts of nooks and crannys so I'm sure you're LO is fine, just hiding away somewhere nice and snug :)

Try the OJ thing, although I tried it first thing this morning and nothing happened so don't be disheartened if it doesn't work. Mine usually starts moving when I'm lying on my back....does yours move more when you're in a certain position?

I think its a common panic of 2nd tri... xx

Thanks girlies - I feel a bit better! xxx

darling, please dont worry!!! i really do thik you should take your own advice as you are such a god adviser! :) hehe
have you been walking around alot? im sure she is just in a wied position.
When my lil one decides to have a lazy day and i get a tad nurotic i get on all fours and just hold that position and that can move him up a lil bit.. but if he doesnt move i will have a sugary drink and put iceblocks in it and that may wake him..i lay on my left side for about a hour and he tends to give lil kicks.. but what rally gets him going is a coffee and a piece of choccy! hehe thats if you havent gone off caffine!
i know your lil beauty is fine and just playing hide and seek with you :)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :hugs:

darling, please dont worry!!! i really do thik you should take your own advice as you are such a god adviser! :) hehe
When my lil one decides to have a lazy day and i get a tad nurotic i get on all fours and just hold that position and that can move him up a lil bit.. but if he doesnt move i will have a sugary drink and put iceblocks in it and that may wake him..i lay on my left side for about a hour and he tends to give lil kicks.. but what rally gets him going is a coffee and a piece of choccy! hehe thats if you havent gone off caffine!

Aw thanks darlin - I shall give the "all fours" a go when I get home from work- I'm sure I'll get some very strange looks from my cat and my hubby!! :rofl:

Mmm... and its a fantastic excuse to get some lovely choccy on the home too!!

Thanks honey.

xxxxxxxx :flower:

I had the same thing happen last week. I had felt nothing for 2 days so I paniked and called the emergency midwife. So me and hubby got sent down to labor suite at the hospital to be monitored. The heartbeat was normal and everything was fine. However we had to wait 4 hours to be checked by a doctor so that I could be discharged. zzzzz!

That night in bed lo started doing some disco dancing :dohh: Me thinks this lo is going to be as awkward of his daddy :haha:

Aw thanks darlin - I shall give the "all fours" a go when I get home from work- I'm sure I'll get some very strange looks from my cat and my hubby!! :rofl:

Thanks honey.

you had better watch the all fours thing as it might be more than looks you get from your hubby :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had the same for a few days over the weekend but then felt a few random moves last night/today. It's so easy to reassure someone else but when you try to apply your own logic to yourself it doesn't seem to work.

Hope you're feeling bit better from all the good advice above.

:hugs:

hope some of the suggestions help you feel some movement and put your mind at ease soon :)

Thanks honey.

you had better watch the all fours thing as it might be more than looks you get from your hubby :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: I've forgotten what you mean!! :)

Thanks girls - even if the recommendations dont work - you've given me a good laugh!!

:)

I have been to the maternity day case unit today with the same thing plus some pretty bad pains. No idea what the pain is but they are doing some checks but they put the heart monitor on and its heartbeat was strong and the midwife said that the baby was kicking away but I could not feel anything apart from once.

The baby goes quiet every so often and I tell myself the same thing but the pains were what were worrying me.

Mine has been really quiet the past couple of days too, just now I had about four big kicks but I think it has been kicking to the back or something, as before it was moving around all over the place and I could feel it all the time. I know they don't tell you to count movements until 28 weeks + as the movements in second tri can still be erratic. Trouble is, not matter how many times we post to other people not to worry when it's you it is so hard not to stress out about it. I sometimes find putting gentle pressure on ym tummy with my hand (not squashing the poor LO to death!) works too.

hahaha good call geekone!!! heheh that is funny! and so true!
xoxo

Dont worry hun, i think its happened to us all hehe :)
it happened to me a few days ago, try take ur mind off it then baby will probs boot u 1 hehe xx

Same here, logic is all well and good until it applies to your LO I've found lol.

That said after a quiet few days he just started booting like crazy and my stomach just extended outwards in the most alarming manner, sadly I have too much flab to make out which appendage it was :D

Isn't it something like 28 weeks where movement becomes more consistent? :hugs:

thanks for sharing your stories ladies - you've made me feel much better and made me chuckle too!

Emerald I'm glad your little munchkin is doing well - hope they sort your nasty pains out soon. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->