ok ok hair question COMPLETELY ot

barrowland

Reaction score
i want to go honey blonde/ginger :haha: after having LO you know new life new hair and what not and i have what is medium dark brown right now but i have died it from red to black and all colours inbetween but mainly black. most of the black has grown out now and its mainly at the ends which are going to get lobbed off but i was wondering if any ladies have tried making their hair look natural blonde or ginger from medium dark brown with traces of black in before and how they did it and what is the best colours and what not to choose also how long to wait till after having LO because im really scared to do it before my hormones are ok because of scare stories about colour not taking properly and i love my hair too much to look like a tit with patchy orange dry tangle mess (also my hair is far tosoft to ruin im fair to vain when it comes to my hair)

It depends on if they will have to bleach/lighten your hair which if you have natural dark hair and want to go to a medium color they may have to do a bleach wash to get your hair close to that pigment then deposit color onto it. Or if they use 20 volume they may be able to get you lighter. I would go to a professional and not try to do it at home if you are doing something drastic.

I myself am changing my hair this week ;) im going from black to a very fiery red head!

i wouldnt try lighteing your hair yourself...i died mine about 10times after i thought the black had grown out and it looked awfull lol i would defo go to a proffessional to get it done :)

i also plan on having my hair cut/coloured before baby gets here...look good for pictures and all that lol x x

i've gone from platinum blonde to dark dark brown, and all shades in between. I have figured that a more natural looking blonde is what works best for me- I absolutely LOVE dark hair, just not on me.

I would recommend going to a salon and letting a professional do it for you. If you were just going to be putting color on top of your natural hair, that's one thing, but when you start putting new color on top of old color, you never know what will happen, and I think it's best left to professionals.

I would also suggest using olive oil as a conditioner. My hair got really really dried out after all the processing, and the olive oil was the best thing I could do for it. I'd saturate my hair and scalp with it, and wrap it up in a towel and leave it for a few hours then shampoo it out. It was great.

Can I just ask, you ladies who have gone from Black to lighter...........how did you do it? x

i've gone from platinum blonde to dark dark brown, and all shades in between. I have figured that a more natural looking blonde is what works best for me- I absolutely LOVE dark hair, just not on me.

I would recommend going to a salon and letting a professional do it for you. If you were just going to be putting color on top of your natural hair, that's one thing, but when you start putting new color on top of old color, you never know what will happen, and I think it's best left to professionals.

I would also suggest using olive oil as a conditioner. My hair got really really dried out after all the processing, and the olive oil was the best thing I could do for it. I'd saturate my hair and scalp with it, and wrap it up in a towel and leave it for a few hours then shampoo it out. It was great.

Ooo I'm going to try the olive oil! x

Ive gone from black to platnum blonde twice. Its bleach/lightner and probably 20-30 volume developer. Just have to be careful of any regrowth because it wont take as strong of a developr to take the pigment out of your hair sine its natural. Its also pretty damaging so id get a good shampoo and conditioner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->