• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ok, so now what do I do?!

Ziggie

Reaction score
Well.... We have been trying for about 10 months! Sort of casually, sort of seriously. Nothing seemed to be happening, so I started taking vitamins, vitex and maca a few months ago. I did use opk for awhile as my periods aren't perfectly regular.

Well... We haven't tried too hard recently as I've always said I DO NOT want a Christmas baby!!! So this month we didn't even have sex in my assumed fertile period. I did not use opks so I don't actually know when I ovulated either!!!! I go and blow all my savings on a once in a life time holiday (this may or may not have been strategic LOL).

Well, on Friday I had cramps and bleeding and thought my period had come early, which isn't THAT unusual. Enough to warrant a tampon. Next day nothing, no spotting or anything. Since then I've had this HORRID cold, proper sickly, and I couldn't sleep the other night AT ALL. So today I wake up feeling rough again. And I have a bizarre rash all up my arms and on my face! My period is due tomorrow....

For some reason I test. Even though I'm sure I'm out as we didn't do it at the right times! And what do you know.........

https://i59.tinypic.com/fz42lx.jpg

:shock: :shock:

It doesn't feel real! I didn't think it would happen!!! I can't drink on my holiday!!!! Lol!!!!

And now I feel a bit like, omg NOW WHAT DO I DO?! In a good way of course :D

Seriously though, am I supposed to go to the docs now or wait a week or so?! Lol!

Congrats!! That's a beautiful BFP! :)

Now call the doctor and set up your first appointment. They'll want to see you between 10-12 weeks (I think) in order to hear the heartbeat.

I know how you feel! I found out last Thursday and told hubby Sunday. It still doesn't feel real! Now we are discussing ideas on how to tell family for Easter :) May 12th is my first doctor's appointment. I took 3 tests just to be sure lol

Thank you! We've decided to buy some more tests tonight lol! We are away this weekend for our anniversary too (no champers for me!). I will make an appointment for next week and think, and let it sink in a bit.

Now I'm paranoid it will just disappear...! Because, it can't be real can it!

Congratulations, we are a day apart I think judging by your ticker!!

Yeah, my sister announced she was 8 weeks pregnant in January with #2, and it took her a while to realize it was real! I didn't really want a Christmas baby, but here I am with a due date of 12/22! Oh well :)

I'm trying to work out when I likely ovulated. I think I must have ovulated early or late, or my boyfriend produced some pretty super sperm this month. The test is very strong and that came up immediately! So I'm wondering if I ovulated early. But then the cramp and bleed would indicate that maybe I ovulated late... Very confusing!!!!

And now I'm wondering about my holiday!! It's a bit full on, and I will be just 12 weeks by then, and I am going alone! I'm sure I will survive... So much to think about!

Congrats Ziggie! The UK/US systems are different :) Go the the GP whenever you feel like it and he'll refer you to the midwife. You'll see the midwife between 8-10 weeks to set up your dating scan. Have a happy and healthy 9 months xx

Thank you :) going to make an appointment soon!

And we went to the shop... Just checking, you know!

https://i58.tinypic.com/30a5e87.jpg

Haha I took so many tests. It's great to see the positives :)

With you not knowing when you ovulated I definitely wouldn't wait until 10-12 weeks to be seen. That you have such strong positives may mean you are further along than you think, that can typically be sorted out with a vaginal ultrasound. It's not unusual for a woman to have period like bleeding while still being pregnant. You could already be a month or even further along if you haven't tested in awhile.

Congratulations :flower:

that baby really WANTED to be a christmas baby!! ;) LOL! congrats to you!!!

Congrats! I have two December babies! One was due Xmas eve! It's a lovely time to have a baby!

Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"