OK, so what do we do now...?!

ILoveShoes

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm brand new to the sit; just joined up!
My DH and I have decided that we are going to try for a baby :happydance: I'm 26, he's 27, and we've been married for 2 years.
My question is... What do we do now?! :rofl:
I mean, apart from having lots of sex, what else should we be doing?!
I've got 10 days worth of contraceptive pills left, and then we are good to go...! I've only been on the pill for 3 months, but prior to that, I was on depo for 6 years, so am expecting a long wait.
Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me please?
I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get to know you all.
xx

Hi

Depends how desperate you are for a baby and how quickly.

The pill can sometimes mess up your cycles for a few months after coming off it so first thing to say would be don't expect anything too quickly (which I have to say, I was guilty of, expecting it to happen first time, sometimes it does but not always).

You can use ovulation tests/temp testing to figure out when you are ovulating and therefore the best time to be trying, it's usually around mid cycle so you can just guess if you want (but not as accurate).

You should also start taking folic acid (recommended for women ttc and 1st 3 months of pregnancy) - you can get one a day tablets from supermarkets/chemists.

You can also get your other half to take zinc and other supplements to increase the strength of his swimmers.

If you scan round the forum there is also a "sperm meets egg" plan, which is supposed to be the best routine to get pregnant by. I've not tried it yet, as I don't know when I'm ovulating, but, if you do, there are a few success stories....

Good luck x

Hi ILoveShoes - Welcome to BnB!!
Looks like JayDee has beaten me to it again. She's posted all the info I was about to give you. :)
Good luck TTC. xx

Ha - sorry!

Glad that means I haven't forgotten anything important (or if I have, we both have)

x

sounds like you have got lots of good advice here so good luck xx

Welcome to the forum and good luck with TTC!! All I would say is try not to stress and have a relaxed approach, even though I know its hard!!

Hi!

Just wanted to say hello as I just signed up yesterday and feel pretty much in the same boat as you are.

So far everyone I've spoken to has been really supportive and full of great information.

Best wishes on your journey xx

Hi!
Thanks for all your replies and advice!
So, I saw the pharmacist today, and he said that I don't have to finish my current pack of pills, I can just stop taking them. He also said that it could take a few cycles for my body to get back to normal.
I bought some 'Preconceive folic acid tablets' too.
We are officially "trying" as of tommorow!!!
I'm dying to tell someone, but my DH said not too incase it takes ages!
xxx

Thats why it helps to talk to people here... easier not to spill so much info to everyone else! Good luck and :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->