ok thinking about temping....quetions!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by mommyhav, Nov 13, 2011.

1. mommyhav

mommyhav Well-Known Member

I am thinking about temping next cycle.....when should i start, what do i do, what should i look for etc......so clueless, but my completely natural cycle was a bust, let's get down to business ;)

2. sugarpi24

sugarpi24 Pregnant-BFP 6/18/15

i was told to start testing on Day 10 of your cycle...i think. and you have to do it in the morning...some info ive gotten online is to have it right by the bed and AS SOON as you wake up DONT sit up or stretch just get the therm. and test! also you should get at least 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. so if you get up in the middle of the night youll have to start from there. i just took my first temp today. so im fairly new so if anyone else has anything else to say im gonna look lol :) cuz i want to know too. normally if i read this right if your ovulating your temp should be higher than normal...mine read 97.4 today if i did it right and when i get close to ovulating it should be a little higher than that...ladies out there correct me if im wrong, this is just what i got online...good luck!!

3. Rachel789

Rachel789 Well-Known Member

Fertility Friend is a great way to track it. You input your temps every day and it will detect when you ovulate. I just started temping for the first time last month. I have been told at least 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep and make sure you take your temp at the same time every morning before you get out of bed, talk, ect. Any of that can change your temp. It depends when you think you normally ovulate on when you should start but I suggest at least starting when AF is over if not earlier. The more temps you have the better Fertility Friend can give you an accurate O date.

Also if you are going to use Fertility Friend even if it gives you an estimated O date at first keep bding until you are 100% sure you ovulated because I thought I was in the clear last month but it ended up changing my O date after I input a few more days worth of temps. Good luck!

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I start on CD 1 (I chart it everyday of the month) During the time before your AF, your temp will be lower, then when you ovulate your temp will go up (that's what you use to confirm you actually did ovulate) there will usually be a dip on the day of o, and then it will go up about .4 or so degrees. when it stays up for 3 consecutive days, you know you ovulated.

Be sure and buy a basal body temp. I keep mine on my night table beside my bed. You should test at the same time each morning and test b/4 you get up. I don't even sit up. I just grap the thermometer and put it in my mouth while I'm still laying down. You need at least 3 hours of uninterupted sleep to get an accurate reading (at least that's what I've read on most BBT charting web sites)

Do you use OPKs? If not, that would be a good thing to use as well. Since charting won't tell you when you are aobut to ovulate, the OPKs are good to use so you'll know when. (the charting is good once you've done it enough and have established a pattern) I still use OPKs though, just for a little more assurance. Good luck and hope you conceive quickly!

5. AC1987

AC1987 Mom of 2 DD's

I will begin temping this cycle.. I missed this day cd1 cause I didn't know when i was getting it, so I guess I will start tomorrow morning :)

6. Rachel789

Rachel789 Well-Known Member

I do not think its a big deal if you miss the first day or two. This month since I was already charting last month I started on CD1. But last month I did not start until CD 4 and I had no problem finding out when I ovulated. Good luck!

7. mommyhav

thank you everyone! what a lot of great advice. i am supposed to be on CD2 right now, but AF has not come....i am cramping and have been for a few days off and on and it feels like AF cramps but not too sure....might test tomorrow morning.....

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

No AF and cramping...good signs for pregnancy..Good luck and hope you get your BFP!

9. TracyE.

TracyE. Well-Known Member

My AF is also a couple days late, and I am having some cramps similar to AF. Let us know what you find out. I hope you get a BFP!!!!!!

10. mommyhav

thanks! actually....i did not have success this month, got AF today :( I guess it was an extra long cycle....will try temping tomorrow am. goodnight!

11. TracyE.

TracyE. Well-Known Member

Bummer, I hope temping goes well for you. I tried it this morning and it told me my temp was 92.6 F. Something tells me my bbt might be broken :dohh: